Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so not as good as I would have hopedI have tried 5 different players - Act1, Rockplayer, YXplayer, Real and MvideoRockplayer plays avi,mkv,mpg and mp4 but the audio is out of sync almost always not matter the framerate, audio rate or bitrateYXplayer - plays the best out there but locks up in about 2-3 minutes cant figure out whats going on there - but I cant get the latest version to load eitherReal - not really all that great has lots of issuesMvideo - has potential but has framerate issues with mp4 files and really cant seem to play anything else - the audio does stay in sync but the frame rate is hard to get overAct1 - almost exactly the same as mvideoFiles are anywhere from 800 x XXX to 400 by XXX - framerates from 15 - 29 and bitrates from 200 - 700 - nothing played idealAnyone have any luck getting videos to play without frame drops or audio sync?

·
Registered
50 Posts
[quote name='Dalkor;42225]AVI files in PAL/NTSC resolution play well with RockPlayer. Could you give links for a few samples' date=' I want to see this sound sync issue myself.[/QUOTE'] All my videos I have encoded techincally for 720x480 which is 480 in mp4 format. Encoded using handbrake for ipod touch. Since the device is 800x480 figured no issue to play them as it's less than native resolution. Nope, all are jerky with framerate and audio is off. You can get handbrake at handbrake.fr. Someone posted a custom rom dated 0818 and the video performance was better. I'm hoping the next witstech update will be better too.

·
Banned
204 Posts
Input file information Format avi Duration 1475.31 Video track Decoder [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family Codec [ffodivx] vfm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg MPEG-4) Bitrate 1876232 Dimensions 720x400 Frame Rate 29.971 Audio track Decoder [mp3lib] MPEG layer-2, layer-3 Codec [mp3] afm: mp3lib (mp3lib MPEG layer-2, layer-3) Bitrate 128000 Sample Rate 48000 Channels 2 This Seems to be best for me so far. Source was HDTV Weeds s6e1 looks good, slight audio sync issue, speed up audio to blame?But totally watchable. I think the sync issue is due to the overclock audio issue, the sync doesnt get worse the longer the videoplays. Shorter key frame intervals in encoding may lessen the effect.

·
Banned
204 Posts
Input file information Format mkv Duration 4591.06 Video track Decoder [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family Codec [ffh264] vfm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg H.264) Bitrate 0 Dimensions 720x288 Frame Rate 23.976 Audio track Decoder [faad] AAC (MPEG2/4 Advanced Audio Coding) Codec [faad] afm: faad (FAAD AAC (MPEG-2/MPEG-4 Audio) decoder) Bitrate 128000 Sample Rate 48000 Channels 2 This is the Best I could find for MKV breaks up during action, but "watchable" sync issueseems lessened. Source STD DVD. BTW both these posts are using rockplayer. included media player wont open either file.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[quote name='a80what;42339]Input file information Format mkv Duration 4591.06 Video track Decoder [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family Codec [ffh264] vfm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg H.264) Bitrate 0 Dimensions 720x288 Frame Rate 23.976 Audio track Decoder [faad] AAC (MPEG2/4 Advanced Audio Coding) Codec [faad] afm: faad (FAAD AAC (MPEG-2/MPEG-4 Audio) decoder) Bitrate 128000 Sample Rate 48000 Channels 2 This is the Best I could find for MKV breaks up during action' date=' but "watchable" sync issueseems lessened. Source STD DVD. BTW both these posts are using rockplayer. included media player wont open either file.[/QUOTE'] What software are you using to convert the videos? I have tried handbrake, AVS4You, Format Factory and super with similar results?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I've seen lots of video reviews of this device playing back 480p video very smoothly. I couldn't hear the audio, but the reviewer didn't point out a problem.I understand WinCE has better video playback? I'm going to be travelling on several planes for ~15hrs so I planned to use this for watching TV shows. Guess I'll just have to try both when mine arrives.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I do have hardware acceleration on yxplayer - which for the 3-4 minutes it plays everything plays great, but where in rockplayer can you enable acceleration? It is v7 of rockplayer. YXplayer has been upgraded to 1.5.3 but I can not get it to load so I am stuck on 1.5.1 - has anyone gotten it to load?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Are other people having trouble with basic xvid 480p playback? Honestly I'm cancelling my order today if this isn't working, I can't spend $200 with the hope that it will be patched in later. All the reviews I read said playback was fine.

·
The Hand That Smites
645 Posts
omnikai;43702]Are other people having trouble with basic xvid 480p playback? Honestly I said:
hope[/I] that it will be patched in later. All the reviews I read said playback was fine.
Playback was good on Android 2.1 with yxPlayer, since 2.2 yxPlayer no longer functions properly. I'm actually starting to re-evaluate if I should purchase this or not, but I can't find anything else that wouldn't seem like a waste of money 3 months down the line.

·
Registered
18 Posts
A81E is great at many things. So far video has not been one of those things. The ability is there, just hasn't been polished enough. If video playback is your number one concern there's plenty of choices out there at the moment that are suitable for your needs.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Well, since I really care about video playback I may leave stock 2.1 on there until this is sorted out. I know 2.2 brings overall performance improvements, but it's not worth it at the sacrifice of smooth video playback.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.