Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to take a photo how I have my MK808 server set up with two 3TB USB hard drives. But I thought a video will show it better.

Uploaded it to youtube so all can see.

It would be neat if other showed how they have there MK808 set up. I got it set up as a server to don't need a kayboard, mouse, or HDMI video.

I am happy how I have it set up now. It was just by my TV with the hard drives just sitting on a shelf. I cut a strip of sheet mettle to make the mount for both hard drives.

Later I will set it up better shorter cords and put the power brick with USB 2.1 amp in a better place.

-Raymond Day

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It boots right off the of the 3TB USB drive with no SD card in it.

Here is a photo in the store of what I use to power the MK808. It has 3 plug in for power. The two 3TB drives came out of my book WD because can by them cheaper then bare hard drive and they come with a nice USB 3.0 small board and 12 volt small power supply.

Input device Font Material property Gadget Technology

At the store this GE power cost about $20. It's about the best I could think of to use for this. It has one power plug on the back side. So I can plug both of the 12 volt power on each side. 2.1 amp for the USB ports. But I guess got the have that for one port. Not sure. But I have a USB hub on it that don't have a power on it. It's working real good.

It boots to the log in about less then 1 minute, nice.

I am happy I have it set up now. The 2 hard drives were just sitting on a desk for a long time running like that. Now they are mounted in a nice place under a shelf out of the way.

-Raymond Day

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
nice job~

It boots right off the of the 3TB USB drive with no SD card in it.

Here is a photo in the store of what I use to power the MK808. It has 3 plug in for power. The two 3TB drives came out of my book WD because can by them cheaper then bare hard drive and they come with a nice USB 3.0 small board and 12 volt small power supply.

View attachment 17298

At the store this GE power cost about $20. It's about the best I could think of to use for this. It has one power plug on the back side. So I can plug both of the 12 volt power on each side. 2.1 amp for the USB ports. But I guess got the have that for one port. Not sure. But I have a USB hub on it that don't have a power on it. It's working real good.

It boots to the log in about less then 1 minute, nice.

I am happy I have it set up now. The 2 hard drives were just sitting on a desk for a long time running like that. Now they are mounted in a nice place under a shelf out of the way.

-Raymond Day

1 - 3 of 3 Posts