Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
Good. You're a champ. Feel free to keep it up. I think we have to be the #1 pdn site on the net...Your windows change faster than mine... what speed micro sd card are you running?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Great video. I'm happy to see you might have a little better opinion of the PDN. With the volume control hack and the ability to change the home screen it really turns this into a solid value, perhaps the best value, for the price, as far as lower-priced Android tablets. By the way, I was on your site the other day and I saw your post about that new LCD ebook reader available at Amazon UK. Talk about a vague description that Amazon page for that device, but the screenshot looks sweet.I'm glad I got the white PDN though. Seems almost like the black one is a step down.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
No doubt, the black is a step down. I actually think on purpose. The margin on the white can't be great, and the black looks cheaper in a number of ways - no microsd, one speaker, more plastic less glass, etc. I literally have an extra white stockpiled for the time being. I expect all of the devices we're using to be obsolete inside of 8 months, but 32 gb potential for about $80 is just too good. the price compares to an M001, the tech compares to an apad. it's a deal

·
Registered
26 Posts
Lawman,I think me and you are a couple of the few people who actually stood by the PDN and realized it had great potential. To be completely honest though, I never expected the microSD inside the case. I knew almost as soon as I had mine in hand that it would get rooted and the hardware was of good quality and the specs pretty good. I think there is a chance that those people lucky enough to have a white PDN will be very happy for that 8 months you speak of. I read every one of your posts but kept my mouth closed because I didn't want to look like a blind fanboy. From the start my experience with the PDN appeared different than others. Don't ask me why. I waited to see if the device would gain its own momentum and I think it has at this point. So here is my message to you non-believers - I told you so.
I know the thing will get ousted by something else in mere months, but I thought it was a good investment from the start.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
I had that case cracked before the box hit the floor... I saw the FCC testing pics... That, and it's partnered with BN - the Nook has its system on a micro SD card too. Got one of those coming as well. Always on 3g with android [Gyaaaaaahhhhh] - told it has embedded MMS capability and hidden voice recognition capability as well...Didn't you return yours in the recall though? :-D I straight up said "screw that." I didn't mind the late june FW even... I think the sad thing is that they're going to use their huge distribution system to put these everywhere, and once it catches on release the black. That said, the white will be a gem until the next big thing. I hope some of these chinese companies that float through here are paying attention though... I'd love an equally capable device with front and back cameras, more battery life, gps, more usb ports, 3g capability... the works, but if they give us decent for less than $100, it will catch fire.I'm most amused by the people who sh faced it for a month and a half and are now scooping them up...

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have to agree with you guys. I had an iPad and sold it. Its a great device and historically will be known as the bit of kit that started the "slate" revolution, but it is expensive, a bit too big and tied to Apple. Liked Apple when they were all about "sticking it to the man" but now they have become the man and I think they have lost the plot a bit.I wouldn't say Steve has fallen asleep at the wheel but he certainly hit all the door locks.The Novel ticks all the right boxes for the minute. Good price, especially with rebates and looks to be a quality build. Had thought of an Apad but prefer the Novels aspect ratio for reading and also the quality issues with the Apad seem to be rampant.The fact that the Novel seems to be a hacker's paradise is also a bonus. It's the little engine that could.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lawman;17092 said:
Good. You're a champ. Feel free to keep it up. I think we have to be the #1 pdn site on the net...Your windows change faster than mine... what speed micro sd card are you running?
I'm using the stock 1GB micro, and a SanDisk 2GB. I don't know the speeds, but they're nothing special.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
[quote name='clockworx;17214]Is the system actually on the SD card? I thought it was on a seperate flash chip elsewhere' date=' and the SD was only "internal storage", similar to how SD cards work on regular phones.[/QUOTE'] to be honest, I didn't look for another chip, and didn't try to start it with the chip out... I volunteer you.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
[quote name='lawman;17223]to be honest' date=' I didn't look for another chip, and didn't try to start it with the chip out... I volunteer you.[/QUOTE'] I'm waiting on my SD card to arrive....keeping the "cracking open" to a minimum til then.Anyone want to try booting with the internal SD removed and see what happens?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.