Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all.This is my first post.I've bought a CECT ZT-18 (opened it and found a Zenithink v.3 Motherboard inside).Thanks to all the informations I get up and running fw 0827 and all the tweaks for Market and so on.So what's the problem?There are a lot of little problems but the one i cannot undestand is why the Pad does'nt control the brighness of the screen.I've tryed a lot of apps but nothing.I've also noticed that the pad in Landscape mode has a little blinking, but this happens in a random way and if I put it in portrait mode the little blinking disappears.Anyone else has this problem?Maybe a video driver bug.I do not know.Any suggestions?........................Read you soon.remote

·
Registered
198 Posts
How is wireless ? Are you willing to open it up for pics?Sent from my p7901a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
well thanks.wireless is poor but stable, it often happens surfing the web, but sometimes it happens even on my homepage.I have to say that with fw 0827 this problem has diminished.Well during this weekend I'll try to open it again and make some pics, maybe there are some hw differences due to the manufacturer.But I've compared the original fw ... wait...0804 on the manufacturer site (epad.hk) with the zeinthink one, and they have the same hash code.I dunno.........................Read you soon.remote

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No Tarano in either case I cannot control It.And that's the strange thing.Brightness it's always at the top.As we say in Italy..Mah.........................Read you soon.remote

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have you managed to deal with this issue? It seems like I have it too, brightness is always on max level and random screen flickering exist. Too bad if it is a hardware problem. I disappointed badly with Pandawill and Zenithink quality control.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Add me too, but I've just opened mine and its Zenithink Ruby V1.2B and PWM is 1.2 - screen control is supposed to work on 1.3 according to Zenithink.

·
Registered
240 Posts
According to Zenithink the ZT180 uses PWM control and works in all versions other than the backlight off in standby which isn't supported in Android 2.1 version yet(apparently works on WinCE). They suggest return for inspection/repair.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had purchased epad zt-180 from somone in U.S. and it has the 576 screen and the light does not turns off all the way. The cpu is capable of sleep I belive the kernel is not compiled correctly. I had installed battery saver app and that lets me change all screen related settings. It is amazing that it took them 1640 tries to get the kernel working ok

·
Registered
240 Posts
Some of us aren't that lucky - my display is as far left(dim) as it will go and I still need shades. 1640 tries? Version refers to release date e.g. 1030 is 30th October.

·
Zenithink Tablet User / Information Transmitter
6,629 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Jimbo_Bats;93177 said:
Some of us aren't that lucky - my display is as far left(dim) as it will go and I still need shades. 1640 tries? Version refers to release date e.g. 1030 is 30th October.
I mean linux kernel keeps track of how many times it was compiled. The info under settings. I wish we got latest kernel 2.6.35.8 or 2.6.36. There is realy active arm kernel development going on.

·
6,629 Posts
[quote name='tritron;93204]I mean linux kernel keeps track of how many times it was compiled. The info under settings. I wish we got latest kernel 2.6.35.8 or 2.6.36. There is realy active arm kernel development going on.[/QUOTE] Hmm' date=' mine says 1608, yours says 1640? another person here [url']http://www.slatedroid.com/zt-180/9250-manual-huawei-3g-users-5.html#post93301[/url] says his is 1705, have you guys been changing things in the kernel, or are you using some other zImage file other than from Zenithink, or maybe those are the 600 zImage files (I use 576, I have a Ruby 1.2)?

·
Registered
240 Posts
I mean linux kernel keeps track of how many times it was compiled. The info under settings.
Thanks tritron - useful to know. Mines a Ruby 1.2B and its 576 and 1608 too.

·
6,629 Posts
Jimbo_Bats;93100 said:
According to Zenithink the ZT180 uses PWM control and works in all versions other than the backlight off in standby which isn't supported in Android 2.1 version yet(apparently works on WinCE). They suggest return for inspection/repair.
Ok, so emailed with the Zenithink engineer also, and he thinks the video brightness issue is hardware related, specifically with the power management module like Jimbo_Bats previously stated, the only thing the engineer said was to look at r241 bottom, can anyone explain to me what that means and what one should be looking for?

·
Registered
264 Posts
[quote name='omarahum;94829]Ok' date=' so emailed with the Zenithink engineer also, and he thinks the video brightness issue is hardware related, specifically with the power management module like Jimbo_Bats previously stated, the only thing the engineer said was to look at r241 bottom, can anyone explain to me what that means and what one should be looking for?[/QUOTE'] I think he means this, R241 is a zero ohm resistor (a short) and if it is not making a connection ether with a bad solder joint or a defective part, no control signal will reach the backlight control circuit. Just a thought......;)I would also suggest looking at the whole circuit that R-241 is part of for a bad solder joint or bad component. It could be worse, you could have no backlighting.......

·
6,629 Posts
[quote name='teslabe;94834]I think he means this' date=' R241 is a zero ohm resistor (a short) and if it is not making a connection ether with a bad solder joint or a defective part, no control signal will reach the backlight control circuit. Just a thought......;)I would also suggest looking at the whole circuit that R-241 is part of for a bad solder joint or bad component. It could be worse, you could have no backlighting.......[IMG]http://www.slatedroid.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/IMG][/QUOTE'] Thanks teslabe, if I open the tablet soon, I'll take a look and see if i can interpret anything, I have no experience with hardware, but will see if I can decifer if something looks strange to me, thanks again...

·
Registered
240 Posts
Light at the end of the tunnel? Surely not. Probably just burn in on my retina. ;)In all seriousness I'll take a look and check the connection am familiar with reading a board or two and can handle a soldering iron, PCB cleaner and magnifying glass....Results shortly.....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.