Android Tablets Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
hi going to try and install this over the next few days is there anything i should khow 1st as a newbie who never do this before
iv looked at the top notch instructions so i think i should be ok
thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
hi going to try and install this over the next few days is there anything i should khow 1st as a newbie who never do this before
thanks
Just follow the TNT instruction & you will wonder why you Worried...

Only one point I can make is if you get to the point where you press your power button 6 to 10 time & everything vanishes from your screen, do not panic just wait for the signal at the end to tell you its installed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was originally going to base my next ROM on 1.2 but Onda seem to be very slow about releasing it. I ran the 1.2rc522 firmware for about 10 days, and there are still problems with it. Since I have had a number of requests, I decided to go ahead and release a new version of my "minimal" ROM, but it is still based on 1.1.

As with Mike V1.1, all Chinese apps have been removed and VoiceSearch is included. V1.1.1 isn't quite as minimal as V1.1 - a few extra apps are included. It's about 10MB bigger.

Changes since V1.1:
  • Google Talk & Google News/Weather included
  • Adobe Flash & Adobe Reader included
  • The ROM now pretends that a GPS, Bluetooth are installed, which enables more apps to be visible in Play Store (such as Facebook)
  • Busybox has been pre-linked in /system/bin. Note: it will *not* appear in the apps. Do *not* install a Busybox app on the Vi40 - it can cause major problems!
  • Browser has been updated to new version. Improves hangs, but it still isn't perfect. Opera Mobile is still better IMHO.
  • Many other system apps have been updated to new versions.
I tried to get FaceUnlock working, but unfortunately there seems to be a problem with the camera interface, so I have not included it.

Download the firmware at: https://hotfile.com/dl/161117478/4d08e8a/Vi40_V3_v1.1_Mike_V1.1.1c.zip.html

Instructions on flashing can be found at: http://www.topnotchtablets.com/A10Firmware (Under "Instructions").

If you need LiveSuite you can find it here: https://hotfile.com/dl/159916531/85c3449/LiveSuitPack_v1.07.zip.html

Once you have flashed the ROM, boot the tablet and set it up in the usual way:
  • Set input language if it isn't US English;
  • Set your timezone;
  • Enable Google's "location services" (assuming you want it);
  • Connect your WIFI;
  • Go into PlayStore, set up your Google account and install the apps you want;
Note: Pretending to have a GPS has some downsides. Google Maps will ask you to turn on the GPS, but you can tell it to skip and not ask you again. You also need to "turn on" the GPS to use Google Navigation even for planning trips (you can't actually navigate without a real GPS of course). However you can also plan trips using "Directions" in Google Maps.
Sorry about the silly question, but I just wonder if I can use your fabulous rom for my Onda vi40 Ultimate. Thanks a lot for your reply.

·
Registered
24 Posts
thanks
Once you've done it the first time you will be fine about doing it again. Decent instructions also here on Colonel Zap's blg plus a short video showing the button clicks at the start of re-flash - http://colonelzap.blogspot.co.uk/2012/01/onda-vi40-firmware-flashing-guide-by.html

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the great Rom was my first firmware flash and I had the Reboot problem will attempt flashing version C also was wondering is this Rom rooted? and what the best way to backup my tablet so I don't lose my apps and settings?

Also was wondering if anyone could help me with what I need to play gamealoft games successfully on my Vi40 Elite

Many Thanks for your hard work in putting this together.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I tried flashing the v1.1.1 into my Vi40 V3 (stock 1.1 firmware). Everything went well until the 2nd time it boots, then it gets stuck up at the android model logo startup screen for more than two hours. Tried re-flashing it (with and w/o formatting) and ended up with the same results. When I flashed it with Angels 1.1 V4 however, everything went well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mike you r da man. I had an awful day with roms. Netflix wouldnt play from the day I got my vi40 elite v3 and browsing was irratateingly slow. So this morning I tried my first flashed rom. I updated to 1.2 from Onda. Wow big mistake. Limited google play, Netflix was worse and I screwed up my backup of my original rom so was on a one way trip. Spent most of the day trying to circumvent google play problems and couldn't get any of the workarounds to work. Finally I thought that I would give your rom a shot. Flashed it. WOrks awesome. Google play has everything I'm looking for, Facebook is quick and low and behold Netflix is working like a charm. Browser is quicker than original rom too. Thank you so much for your hard work. It hasn't gone unappreciated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey DarrenW, Im not Mike obviously but I dont know if I understand your question. I just installed Mikes ROM and really like it. The Onda VI40 comes rooted already. It is ready to modify. You just need to follow the instructions that help you get the ROM on it. In doing so you will format it so it will erase your orignal ROM. That is why it is a good idea to back up the original before putting a new one on. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just installed all seams good its my first firmware update ive done but very happy with it big thanks to mike also thanks to cidereye and fifepc
1 things is i cant get asphalt 6 to work which was working before the update any ideas

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Mike
I also installed your rom, everything is definitely better and smoother, I have noticed 1 thing though, my battery is acting up,takes for ever to charge, max charge it will allow is 99%, do i need to re-calibrate, did download app to do this but it will not calibrate until it charges to 100% which it will not do, any help would be really appreciated, i am a complete novice so please explain simply for me, cheers mike, I tok tablet to bed to watch salmon fishing in the yehmen, was on 65%, i got to watch 15 mins before i got warning on screen saying battery is low,lol, please help mike and thanks again for the rom.
kind regards
Paul

21 - 34 of 34 Posts