Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Firmware Dev
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to be downloading the SDk 1.9.0 for the M003 later today and going to make it into the same as the Redux version for the M001.There is one point that I will need help from you M003 users, I dont have a m003 and so will need a tester to give it a go.Now this isnt for everyone and only test if your confident you know what your doing and have a backup plan (other FW at hand).I will post a link when Ive got it ready.

·
Firmware Dev
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The youtubes are normal and the low res version, which one worked ?To get root you will need to turn on USB debugging in the applications settings menu (IIRC thats whats its called anyway).

·
Registered
187 Posts
I switch my wifi from 100 to 20 but my connection still works in the same spot in the house, 1 foot later doesn't work. I don't think that hack works, only a milli-amp usage test can confirm. Wifi should be pulling 100ma or more. Total system should be using over 1000ma, so a change of 50ma should be measurable.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Can testers post a few benchmark results so we can compare this ROM with other M003 ROMS?CaffeineMark LINK Previous ROMS scoresBenchmark by Softweg-Studios is another good app. LINK My score 58.8Also hit BrowserMark LINK and post browser scores. Dolphin hit 4216 other LINKSunspider Javascript benchmark LINK none of my Android browsers would work on this site.JS Benchmark LINK Android browsers averaged score of 7 terminal this command: taken from here LINKtime factor $[65863223*65863159] and post results. :DThis site has some others Android benchmarks? ? Mobile Software Development LINK

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
Working.Home++ working but see odd bits bottom line of text not redrawn properly on scroll to new pageCaffeine mark overall 367jsbenchmark 7?1 ave 5 runs (desktop pc 149?2Wifi workingKindle working (existing books must be deleted and re downloaded. Normal for any reinstall of kindle apk)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Works Nice1. 2 Youtube as mentioned Low Res Only works 2. 3G is installed (Great)3. WiFi works but is pulling 35% overall from the battery, so I guess it needs to be lowered to 20%.So far so great on the test for M003!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Echoing i3G's post above. Additionally, speed increase is very noticeable. Root is achieved easily enough. Now working on enabling market with my AndroidID.EDIT: Market enabled. See the wiki. Awesome. Overall very positive experience with this FW. Thanks so much for your work!

·
Firmware Dev
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Glad to hear things are working :)As to the home++ screen isssue, have you tried a different home app yet or could that be due to your tablet being a clone IIRC ?

·
Firmware Dev
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
[quote name='i3G;42172]Works Nice1. 2 Youtube as mentioned Low Res Only works 2. 3G is installed (Great)3. WiFi works but is pulling 35% overall from the battery' date=' so I guess it needs to be lowered to 20%.So far so great on the test for M003![/QUOTE'] Yeah I forgot to drop the TXpower down to 20%, I will alter that soon I have some work to do today on the versions anyway.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Update-I have been closely using my M003 and the Vestinious Test ROM and the only noticeable thing is battery drain with TX not being modified from 100-20% because I am comparing it to the M002 that has the 1.2.2 that is fabulous. There is a wiki for the market. I am awaiting the TX tweak:)

·
Firmware Dev
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
[quote name='Roger Calver;42306]Glad to hear things are working :)As to the home++ screen isssue' date=' have you tried a different home app yet or could that be due to your tablet being a clone IIRC ?[/QUOTE'] It's Home++ not the ROM. I've installed on Stock 1.7.4 and slatedroid 1.3 with same Issue.Using ADW right now.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.