Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 370 Posts

·
Firmware Dev
2,739 Posts
To keep post in one place and so more organished and easier for all Ive opened this thread.Ive called it Vestinious as that was the name of an very old D&D character I played back in 1985 (man I feel old now).If you like this Firmware I have a paypal account setup for donations[email protected]Please before you try to flash take a look at this wiki page concerning flashing http://www.slatedroid.com/wiki/index.php?title=Flash_ROMIve moved the list of older versions to the download thread and you can find here the current version.Vestinious 1.2.2http://www.4shared.com/file/MzFKfKm8/Vestinious_122__EkenM001SDK190.htmlChange Log :1.0.0 = APK Cleaned to fix reboot loop issues.1.0.1 = Touchscreen file updated to fix config issues.1.1.0 = Root enabled, enable USB debugging and use su with always allow. Added Estrong File Manager.apk to App folder on ROM. Added Home++ at install. Remember totTurn off "play sound for SD card notifaction" in Sound & Display settings to stop annoying sounds !1.1.5 = Added, Estrongs File Manager apk, Swapper apk - to fix swap issue for the time being, Kindle. Removed, File Explorer apk, Music Player.1.1.6 = Time zone & location changed, Device details changed, Added, Adliko apk, APKtor apk.1.1.7 = Removed, Peacock Apk's, Snapshot Apk, Swapper Apk, Added, Music Player Apk (To test, not displayed in app list yet), No more annoying sounds !, Reduced size of ROM.1.2.0 = Google Apps now installed and working, thanks to Blitzkrieg1942 for that last missing part !1.2.1.= Swap working on boot, thanks to pjjames55 & linuxluver for the changes to init.rc, Added, Meridian Music Apk, Removed, Music Player Apk - due to playback issues.1.2.2 = Wifi TXpower changed from 100 to 20, Removed, YouTube replaced with low res version.

·
Firmware Dev
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also Im real new at all this stuff so if anyone wants to help then please do, more the merrier

·
Firmware Dev
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, people were finding that when removing some of the preinstalled apps it went into a reboot loop, so I took a go at fixing it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Roger,I was able to get root access without any issues using your rom. I just used the adb connect ip:5555 && adb shellthen if I su it prompts me to allow or deny on the slatedroid. hit always allow and everything seems to be good

·
Firmware Dev
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thats the next part Im planning to do, just getting the versions all in the 4shared storage.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I think google has to be set-up directly after firmware install in order for market to work (or more specifically the software that asks you to set-up a google account).. Can u extract that into your script from another firmware?

·
Firmware Dev
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bhaalz;37987 said:
Where did userinit.sh go!!!?? .
usrinit.sh isnt in the SDK 1.9.0 ROM, Ive added it back in to my test ROM and swap works but you have to enable it at each boot

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm really, really, really pleased with your FW!!! I tried one of your earlier versions and I had troubles connecting to the PC, but now with 1.1.0 I don't have this problem anymore
This FW is even faster that Slatedroid 1.3! It's very good! Keep up the good work!

·
Firmware Dev
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks Im glad its working better for you now :)The 1.9.0 base is so much better than the existing Eken releases anyway and so a lot of the changes for the better are already done, Im just trying to get other bits fixed.

·
Registered
77 Posts
[quote name='Roger Calver;38006]usrinit.sh isnt in the SDK 1.9.0 ROM' date=' Ive added it back in to my test ROM and swap works but you have to enable it at each boot [IMG]http://www.slatedroid.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/IMG][/QUOTE'] Can u enable in the root_fs during flash?

1 - 20 of 370 Posts