Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Clarification to M002 owners (present/future)I have installed the modified (1.9) version 1.2.2 from Roger and it makes the M002 work great. 1 Tap unlocks the Home screen. However, the Camera app is not there nor the driver, SO could someone explain how to reinstall the Camera with driver?Please Note: The Low Res Youtube apk is pre-installed(Great!!) and the wifi has been modified from 100-20 so your M002 does not get scorching hot anymore. Wifi did not cut off like before and stays ON! Wifi is greatly improved and I can now actually hold it in my hands. The only problem is the Camera App is missing and no driver installed. So please post how you added the Camera back. Please chime in. 1.2.2 is the latest update as of today from Roger Calver! Please donate to him!

·
Firmware Dev
2,739 Posts
Ive looked at the updated M002 script (the one with new camera stuff) and found no actual driver for it, there is the camera.apk in there but thats it.So Ive added this to the ROM and will upload for testing.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote name='i3G;42139]I loaded the script' date=' I saw the camera apk in the script folder anyway after the M002 was done there was no camera app on the springboard[/QUOTE']Update: The Camera app was on local disk I created the shortcut to put it on the desktop springboard but it only opens to Picture Gallery

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am having quite a serious problem with this:Whenever I remove an application from my M002, I get "android.process.acore" crashing, and it keeps saying it was forced to close. When I shut down and restart, it just continiously loads, never getting to Desktop.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Since u have a M002 I suggest Rogers 1.2.2 and I think the other one u ask is not compatible with the M002. Please chime in if I am wrong. I had no idea a Camcorder could be used on the M002?

·
Registered
247 Posts
The camera driver may well be in the kernel. You may have to use a kernel for the M002 and see if it lives happily with the rest of the M001 software.

·
Firmware Dev
2,739 Posts
OK, Vestinious 1.2.2 has Market and the other Google apps eg Gmail,Talk etc.The acore part from my observation has a lot to do with the default home app and if you use a different one like Home++ for example they disappear.I will also look at the 1.988 FW to see if I can add in the Google stuff.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.