Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oakey dokey folks having been trawling through page and page of reviews on different slates i've come to the conclusion that this seems about the best for the price (?130'ish)But having been very disappointed by chinese imports i've bought before i'm just after your views on it....It will be mainly used for vids, surfing web, e-mail you know general day to day stuff nothing major....so does it handle video well? (I mainly use xvid/avi's and ipod mp4 files will it play these?), Is the touchscreen pretty responsive?.......speed when using etc etc...Just the usual general questions...i apologise in advance for all the questions but i don't wanna waste anymore money on crap basically (hiphone anyone?)Many thanks in advance look forward to your input....Cheersdoggboy

·
Registered
324 Posts
Most of those questions have been answered many times before. Use the search function and check the user experience sub-forum. To summarise: Yes, for ?130 you will get a device that can do everything that you described that you want to do. It won't be as fancy as an iPad, but you will be able to buy 3 of these for the price of the cheapest iPad.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Read the blog entry "A week in the life of an apad (rockchip) user" riki1kenobi has written a very good review of the iRobot pad. If it helps I paid ?136 for mine and I think it was money well spent./edit be aware you will most likely have problems with the power supply/power socket so be prepared to buy a spare,

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah i had a search through but still couldn't set my mind at ease with my questions (apologies new to this scene) but i think i'm gonna get one then....is it easy enough to upgrade to the custom fw to?cheersdoggboy

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yes it's easy as long as you follow the instructions but you should not do it unless you can afford to lose it. Because it's possible to brick it by doing it wrong you should only attempt the upgrade if you are prepared to lose the apad. It's 99.9% sure you will be fine but still... For me the apad was bought as a toy, something to experiment and play with so upgrading is no bother. Mind you now that I've had it a few days I'm beginning to like it too much so the next firmware upgrade will only be for a big improvement, like Android 1.6

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.