Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hmmm, the Official Chuwi Firmware DL site also has a new firmware release up for the V88 & dates 09/08/13 I wonder if its the same firmware, hopefully it's the same and compatible for both white and TGI models

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Hmmm, the Official Chuwi Firmware DL site also has a new firmware release up for the V88 & dates 09/08/13 I wonder if its the same firmware, hopefully it's the same and compatible for both white and TGI models
Well the "TIG" is a v88. My concern is that the TIG uses different type of TS so there may be compatibility between TIG v88 firmware with the classic v88. Since the ROMs can be installed without using the tablet's screen, if the TIG firmware screws up a classic v88, there's no reason one can't get it working again using the RKAndroidTool and one of the many ROMs that are available.

Has anyone been able to find a change log for the 9/8/13 release?

Edit: description on Chuwi's FW page says:

"update 4.2 system firmware (update points: optimized for low power charging Huaping phenomenon)"

Edit#2: Chuwi describes the Software Type for the classic v88 as the "V88 Quad." For the 9/8/13, the Software Type descriptor is just "V88." I wonder if this means the TIG and the V88's firmware is not compatible?

smithmal

·
Registered
47 Posts
I get what you mean smithmal makes sense. But in the Title for the Software Type V88 is does still say 'V88 Quad....' and the rest of the other Software Type V88 Quad, in the Title it does says 'V88 Quad....' as well, this is certainly confusing I'll try to ask the vendor I bougnt my TGI from to see if they can clear things up.

*Edit 1: I've already ask the vendor from who I got my TGI V88, has gotten back to me and confirms that both classic white V88 and TGI V88 uses the same firmware version there is no separate version for each model. The only difference between the classic white and the TGI is the color, thickness and screen.

*Edit 2: Also forum member jingjock confirms that Timeless V88 E2 ROM works on TGI V88

http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/79649-timelessv88-edition-2-rc1/page__view__findpost__p__1037713

·
Registered
16 Posts
Has anyone been able to find a change log for the 9/8/13 release?

smithmal
I have not found any changelog, but ive been using it a couple days and its the snappiest and best rom/firmware ive tried so far on my v88. (rooted with Oma's script and Xposed tuned to my likings)

Changes i've notised is:
-no multi window support.
-Bob's 160 kernel.
-multi user support added (if it wasent there in prev Version. I just cant remberer)

Also I'm getting new records in all benchmarks. (19k+ in antutu)
Here is a Google disk link to this firmware if somone have probs downloading from orginal site.
And my Antutu score

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have not found any changelog, but ive been using it a couple days and its the snappiest and best rom/firmware ive tried so far on my v88. (rooted with Oma's script and Xposed tuned to my likings)

Changes i've notised is:
-no multi window support.
-Bob's 160 kernel.
-multi user support added (if it wasent there in prev Version. I just cant remberer)

Also I'm getting new records in all benchmarks. (19k+ in antutu)
Here is a Google disk link to this firmware if somone have probs downloading from orginal site.
And my Antutu score

Cheers
Ronny J,

Thanks for the review. BTW, Oma has provided that kernel for his 5.1v ROM (see Oma Rocks thread). I'm going to try that first and see how it goes before wiping the ROM and flashing the new firmware.

smithmal

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jingjock,

I moved and answered your post requesting additional info on the Oma Rocks ROM to the Oma Rocks thread. In the future please post questions regarding Oma ROM troubleshooting within the Oma Rocks thread.

Thanks,

smithmal

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1 comment on the topic's name -> it should be 'TGI and white...' to be clear for everybody that the FW is the same for both...
hercsi,

Not sure about this. Every vendor that I've seen that is selling this model refers to it as the "Titanium Ice Green" i.e. the "TIG."

I've looked on the Chuwi website, but it's all in Chinese so I'm not sure what they call this model other than the "v88."

smithmal

·
Registered
34 Posts
hercsi,

Not sure about this. Every vendor that I've seen that is selling this model refers to it as the "Titanium Ice Green" i.e. the "TIG."

I've looked on the Chuwi website, but it's all in Chinese so I'm not sure what they call this model other than the "v88."

smithmal
Only the color and the screen's type (not resolution) differ based on forum users' posts...but in this case I don't know why my separate V88 08/09 FW forum was pinned...now I see, you created the same as I:) -> 'Firmware Release 09/08/13 Fix for low power screen charging issues (Release #8 )'.

·
Registered
19 Posts
'Firmware Release 09/08/13 Fix for low power screen charging issues (Release #8 )'.
Im not sure what exactly this fix does. Can anyone tell me?
I once had the following bug:
My accu was completely empty and so the chuwi could not boot into charging-mode. It seems like it had not enough power to activate the screen.
I wated some time and warmed it by putting it unter my notebook ;-) and it booted again :)

Is this bug fixed with the new firmware?? (sounds like)

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Im not sure what exactly this fix does. Can anyone tell me?
I once had the following bug:
My accu was completely empty and so the chuwi could not boot into charging-mode. It seems like it had not enough power to activate the screen.
I wated some time and warmed it by putting it unter my notebook ;-) and it booted again :)

Is this bug fixed with the new firmware?? (sounds like)
mitklaus,

See the link in post #8 of this thread for an explanation. My understanding is that this firmware also fixes the issue where users are unable to use the recent apps menu unless in Multi-Window mode.

smithmal

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've reverted to this stock ROM after experimenting over the past 2 weeks with TimelessV88 Edition 2 (RC1), Oma 5.1 - JB 4.2.2 SDK2.0 MW and Oma JB 4.2.2 v3.4.
This stock is the snappiest and most stable of them all, and I reckon it was due to the Bob 160 kernel.
I also got the best untweaked Antutu benchmark scores with this stock, and concur with Ronny J of 19+ scores.
While the Bob 160 kernel comes packed in the recently released Oma JB 4.2.2 v3.4, I had freeze-during-boot issues with flashing just the stock parameter after initially flashing Oma JB 4.2.2 v3.4 without problems.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts