Android Tablets Forum banner
81 - 100 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
And here it is.
. . .
The tablet is held in snugly on four corners. No ports are blocked and the power / volume buttons remain easy to access.
Thank you very much for very useful visual information!
Could you please add some words about weight of this case to compare with the selfglue "original" case.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just got mine, here's how the case looks like in blue with black.

...Unfortunately when the lid is folded back, the magnet still occasionally turns the tablet on and off. This occurs frequently enough when you reposition your hand or push the lid flat against the back of the tablet...
This is true, it does sometimes activate the sleep/wake function somehow when the magnet in the flip cover touches the "sweet spot" somewhere in the back, I'm not sure why. But other than that, yeah its a good looking case to protect our V88's.

As for the weight it's definitely much lighter compared to the glue on type, as the newer version is a slim type case.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Just got mine, here's how the case looks like in blue with black.

This is true, it does sometimes activate the sleep/wake function somehow when the magnet in the flip cover touches the "sweet spot" in the back, I'm not sure why. But other than that, yeah its a good looking case to protect our V88's.

As for the weight it's definitely much lighter compared to the glue on type, as the newer version is a slim type case.
DWN,

Just to confirm, this case fits both the v88 and v88s models, correct? There was some confusion about this earlier in the thread.

smithmal

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ah, it might be unique to the ROM I'm running (Oma 5.1).

*Edit - this case won't fit the v88s. It's held in place by clipping onto the sharp upper angled edges of the V88. The edges of the v88s are all smooth and round..

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also got the blue one yesterday. It was a lovely surprise as I forgot I bought it!

It's a lovely fit and really finished the Chuwi off. It no longer looks like a cheap Chinese tablet.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Has anybody ordered and tested this case?
And could it be possible to place a metal-band inside the backside of the case as magnetic shield - to protect the sensor from beeing activated, when the lid is folded back?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Ive ordered this case for my v88s but did not receive it yet. will post my findings as soon as it arrives.
the description said:"has magnetic control for the sleep/wake function
After 8/25 New Version fit for V88S too.which rear is clear plasitc material.more sensitive for mangnet control".

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ive ordered this case for my v88s but did not receive it yet. will post my findings as soon as it arrives.
After 8/25 New Version fit for V88S too.which rear is clear plasitc material.more sensitive for mangnet control".
In my understading it ('more sensitive for magnet control') means that it is likely to be more responsive -> more accidental screen switch offs when folded back...but you will see when you receive and try it + thanks in advance for sharing your experience:)...

·
Registered
91 Posts
received the case today...
fits like a glove. tight and works great.
plastic back fits very well. volume and power button no more sticking out. And the frontcover sits straight over the tab.
Color Gray and brandname on case really pimps my white v88s!

only con is the tab wont be stable in standigin position. the magnets to hold the tablet standing are to weak to go through the plastic back and wont barely hold.
No issues of magnetic interference when the case is opened.
Pictures will follow soon ;-)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Rectangle Grey Wood Flooring Composite material

Mobile phone Portable communications device Communication Device Mobile device Gadget

Rectangle Communication Device Output device Gadget Laptop part

Computer Tablet computer stand Output device Personal computer Tablet computer
In this position the tab wont hold. It slips out of the folded triangle!

Mobile phone Communication Device Portable communications device Telephony Gadget

Grey Book Font Asphalt Publication
The material has a fine cork sort of look

Magnetic on off function works flawless!

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Works fine. No problems.

Sent from my Chuwi V88 using Tapatalk HD.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I found an Eddie Bauer 7" tablet case from Burlington Coat factory for $9.95. Amazingly, it fits the V88s well but the power and volume buttons are slightly blocked but I can live with it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
View attachment 27857
In this position the tab wont hold. It slips out of the folded triangle!
Hey, could you explane more closely why it can't stay standing?
In your previous post you said something about the magnet not being strong enough.
It seems to me the bottom of the case just slips over the table which you could cure with some grip tape.

What i really wanted to ask; does the cover stay on the screen when you hold it upside down?

Thanks, Evils.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, could you explane more closely why it can't stay standing?
In your previous post you said something about the magnet not being strong enough.
It seems to me the bottom of the case just slips over the table which you could cure with some grip tape.

What i really wanted to ask; does the cover stay on the screen when you hold it upside down?

Thanks, Evils.
No, it doesn't stay on the screen if you hold the tablet upside-down.

When you fold the front cover making a triangle base, the tablet stays standing although the magnets aren't strong enough to fix the triangle firmly. If you move or hit the tablet, the cover can get unfolded and the tablet may slide down.

Yesterday evening I used the tablet with the smart cover triangle-folded for three hours and it didn't even fell once. I was playing music, searching, playing, pausing and repitching songs, but always handling the Chuwi with care

Enviado desde mi JY-G3 usando Tapatalk 2

81 - 100 of 102 Posts