Android Tablets Forum banner
61 - 80 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts

Yes I concur that the magnetic function of the case works well if mounted correctly, which I didn't do initially. It must be mounted so that the unit is on the bottom, with the top flap with the Chuwi logo free to swing open and close. The magnetic function and wake from sleep is very snappy, and beats struggling to get to the ON button which I think is awkwardly located.
I got the cases with the units when purchased from Eternal Team Aliexpress.

·
FW Developer
710 Posts
User7,

Thanks for the vid. Too bad about the quality issue. From your video you can tell that the inside casing material is very thin indeed. I guess you get what you pay for (seeing as how this only cost $
. Have you had any issues with access to the side ports? Also too bad that they didn't incorporate a magnet in the right location for the sleep/wake function. Seems odd that the manufacturer would take the trouble to put some magnets in to help with closing the case, but not for a sleep/wake function....

smithmal
You should get like 10 magnets. I slip them into cases to add sleep/wake function.

It would have been better if it had been native but still, no biggie. My Chuwi Case now has sleep/wake

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello!

I am thinking of ordering this case http://www.amazon.com/MoKo-Slim-Fit-Multi-angle-Folio-Apple/dp/B0082YLJQ0

I also like this "White Cross Texture Ultra Slim PU Leather Smart Case Cover for iPad Mini 7.9" from bay

"NEWEST Ultra Heat Setting Leather Stand Case For 7.9" Acer Iconia A1 A1-810 Tab" also from bay

http://www.amazon.com/CaseCrown-Carbon-Tablet-Built--feature/dp/B00947D8FY/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1374934638&sr=1-1&keywords=case+7.9

What is you or opinion guys? Dou you believe that V88 will fit someone of them or no?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
What is you or opinion guys? Dou you believe that V88 will fit someone of them or no?
I have bought very similar.
This one:
http://www.amazon.co...=I3MKLLODYUULZ5
I made this choiсe because I thought the shallow notch near the border of the back will be OK for power and sound buttons.
I was not right not only with this feature, but with some other too.
After couple of hours to play with this case "against" Chuwi V88 I put it in the closet to return the original case (I glue it again) that not very good for me, but better than this one.
Do not buy it !

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Interesting indeed. From what i can see from the color picking pictures it totally covers the tablet wich is good. but will it also turn on and off the tablet on closing and opening? If this is the case I will order!

·
Registered
23 Posts
If somebody order this case, please post real photo!
It looks very very good. Maybe a little bit expensive...
Until yesterday the price was 9.99 and today is 11.99
I believe that it will come to bay with lower price.

He has saled almost 55 pieces so I hope someone will make a review

EDIT: you can see here for lower prices and some new pictures
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/free-shipping-for-Chuwi-V88-quad-core-factory-original-leather-case-with-a-magnetron-function-mini/948479725.html
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Orginal-Pu-Leather-Case-Cpacitive-Stylus-for-7-9-inch-ChUWI-V88-Mini-Quad-Core-Tablet/938273931.html

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Until yesterday the price was 9.99 and today is 11.99
I believe that it will come to bay with lower price.

He has saled almost 55 pieces so I hope someone will make a review

EDIT: you can see here for lower prices and some new pictures
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/free-shipping-for-Chuwi-V88-quad-core-factory-original-leather-case-with-a-magnetron-function-mini/948479725.html
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Orginal-Pu-Leather-Case-Cpacitive-Stylus-for-7-9-inch-ChUWI-V88-Mini-Quad-Core-Tablet/938273931.html
Thanks for the update. Yes those pictures are much better. Looks like there's no overlap of material on the inner bezel at all which makes swiping the system bar or quick notification at lot easier since the v88 has such a narrow bezel to begin with. The casing material does not look like leather at all though. More like neoprene. Very thin.

If I had a gripe about this case it would be that since there is no material near the side of the case, the v88's issue with it's protruding SD card may rear it's ugly head. With my case, presence of the side material protects the user against accidental release of the SD card. The problem is, that same side material also interferes with access to some of the side ports.

If it is true that this case also incorporates sleep/wake function, I would say that other than possible material issues, it's the best fit for the v88.

smithmal

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've placed an order. Should have it early next week. Will post some photos when it arrives.

They sell locally in China for around USD6, so USD11 shipped to the USA sounds like a fair price.

*edit - also confirmed with the seller the case has a magnet in the cover.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Went ahead an order one myself, USD9.99, spoke to the ET Team agent and told me that the case indeed has the sleep/wake function like the previous case, but I'll believe it when it's in my hands

·
Registered
18 Posts
And here it is.

The tablet is held in snugly on four corners. No ports are blocked and the power / volume buttons remain easy to access.

While the back of the case is molded plastic, the whole thing is upholstered in a psudeo-leather material which looks and feels quite nice. I would describe the texture as velvety moreso than leathery. The lid is attached to the case with some sturdy stitching.

Similar to other cases, the lid folds into a display stand and works beautifully.

The good news is there is a magnet in the lid which does indeed turns on and off the tablet when you open and close the lid. Unfortunately when the lid is folded back, the magnet still occasionally turns the tablet on and off. This occurs frequently enough when you reposition your hand or push the lid flat against the back of the tablet. My stopgap solution has been to disable "Power button instantly locks" in Settings > Security to make it less annoying.

Apart from this one annoyance, it's a good looking case and really does compliment the v88 nicely.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
scrawl,

Great pics. The case looks very good, especially considering the price. Really like that there's no material covering the front of the tablet when you're using the case and it looks like it is providing good protection, especially on the corners. It's also good news that the case contains a magnet for sleep/wake functionality although I'm not sure how, when you flip the lid over the back of the case, the magnet is still triggering sleep. It must be one strong magnet. I'm thinking you could put some anti-magnet material within the back cover of the case to interfere with triggerings accidental sleep events.

This is definitely on my short list for cases. Interesting about it not fitting the v88s. I thought the form factor was identical between the two, but I guess not.

smithmal

61 - 80 of 102 Posts