Android Tablets Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi to all!

Here is another version of my custom ROM.
In this one I have <<odexed>> the framework and apps. The tablet now is booting faster.
Also, I have changed the way the gameloft fixes work.
You can get it here.

Please report back.
Dear rozak,

I downloaded and tested your countribution, and I've found it very satisfying, it boots very quickly, and as far as I used it, it is very stable. Personally I deleted few more stock aps, like live wallpapers, telephony apps, appinstaller, and others. Thank you for your work!!

However I've found, that the battery drains quickly, about 45%/h. I cant see why, I used the same setup (deleted the same apps) from the official 4.0.3 firmware, and it drained 25%/h with wifi turned on. Can you give me some hint what to do?

petmix

·
Registered
40 Posts
Dear rozak,

I downloaded and tested your countribution, and I've found it very satisfying, it boots very quickly, and as far as I used it, it is very stable. Personally I deleted few more stock aps, like live wallpapers, telephony apps, appinstaller, and others. Thank you for your work!!

However I've found, that the battery drains quickly, about 45%/h. I cant see why, I used the same setup (deleted the same apps) from the official 4.0.3 firmware, and it drained 25%/h with wifi turned on. Can you give me some hint what to do?

petmix
Thank you for your comments!

For the battery drain, I see it myself. JB is much worse than ICS.
I honestly have not yet found what is causing it. I suspect wifi but I am not sure.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I rozak thanks for the rom mnodded.. boot fast but i have a big problem.. im install the rom from external sd card che at startup i cant see the system partition .. on 348 MB are mounted the rest nothing.. can help me ?
big thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
I rozak thanks for the rom mnodded.. boot fast but i have a big problem.. im install the rom from external sd card che at startup i cant see the system partition .. on 348 MB are mounted the rest nothing.. can help me ?
big thanks
Try to install the official update and then try again to install my rom.
After installing the official update, do you see everything in place?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi to all!

Here is another version of my custom ROM.
In this one I have <<odexed>> the framework and apps. The tablet now is booting faster.
Also, I have changed the way the gameloft fixes work.
You can get it here.

Please report back.
This one works great for me.

One single problem I want to solve. I've seen that in version 2 of the update, the Settings app is modified with a custom theme to be somehow like on iOS. I'd like to make it back like the original Android theme, as I'm not a fan of iOS design at all (the reason I'm on Android is because I like Android and don't want something that looks like iOS, I would have bought an iPad for that).

Can you give me some tips what to change to get the original design of the Settings app (if this was always on Onda firmware, it's ugly). My device is a rebranded Onda v712 ver. 2 named Allview Alldro Speed Duo, but exactly the same tablet, and it's latest firmware is based on version 1.5.5 of Onda's update.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys,
Just a quick question. My home button is actually broken.
Any idea how i would do the upgrade?

MOD:
Just in case anybody wonders, you can use an App called Quick Boot, it is free and it can get you into recovery/bootloader but if your button is broken you won't be able to select any options.
I'm going to get into bootloader and flash this new Rom and I'll update from there.
another way (I prefer) install adb tools (no need for java or other libraries) and do "adb reboot recovery"

(In Windows install Google Nexus usb drivers, in OSX or Linux just install adb, Ubuntu has them in it's repos)

·
Registered
40 Posts
This one works great for me.

One single problem I want to solve. I've seen that in version 2 of the update, the Settings app is modified with a custom theme to be somehow like on iOS. I'd like to make it back like the original Android theme, as I'm not a fan of iOS design at all (the reason I'm on Android is because I like Android and don't want something that looks like iOS, I would have bought an iPad for that).

Can you give me some tips what to change to get the original design of the Settings app (if this was always on Onda firmware, it's ugly). My device is a rebranded Onda v712 ver. 2 named Allview Alldro Speed Duo, but exactly the same tablet, and it's latest firmware is based on version 1.5.5 of Onda's update.
I have not changed the settings apk. It is he same as in the original ONDA firmware.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have not changed the settings apk. It is he same as in the original ONDA firmware.
Hi rozak

I understand you haven't modified the settings.apk.

is there any way while the rom is installed to replace it with another modified one? I tried to replace it from another build with total commander for android, but even with root access I can't overwrite it.

is the only way to rebuild the rom with the new settings.apk and it's odex?

·
Registered
40 Posts
You have to mount the /system as rw in order to replace files in /system/app path. You can use ES file explorer for this.
If the new apk is not odexed (no .odex file) then you have to also remove the odex file when you replace the apk.

Στάλθηκε από το w30hd(QuadCore) μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk 2

21 - 30 of 30 Posts