Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hi, everybody.
Below is my original post from XDA-developers forum and received answer.
hal_9000
Originally Posted by VexMD
hal_9000 as I understood you have experience in programming for ZT-180, so at first I appeal to you.
My friend is buying a USB2LAN adapter to use it with ZT-180-701.
In Windows the adapter are determined as "JP1081 USB2.0 To Fast Ethernet Adapter".
A file comes with the adapter: "jp1081_android.tar.gz" (link to fileshare - http://www.multiupload.com/6VXNWG1MZ3).
The archive contains next files:
jp1081_android.o.d
jp1081_android.c
jp1081_android.h
Makefile
README (in Chineese)
Please read the README and advise if it possible to compile driver for the tablet and explain how to make the adapter to work on ZT.
I'm sorry, but have not many experience on programming for Linux at that level (when programming for Android you use Java at a higher level, except if you use NDK). I think that the driver could work as long as you compile it for ARM and with the correct environment. I recommend you to go to SlateDroid and ask advise from a more experienced user at this level, such as rezmus. Good luck.
I don't know if rezmus attend this thread, but I hope someone will draw his attention.
May be somebody else could help with this problem.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kristal
I received following message from rezmus:
i'm not a linux geek, but from what i know you need kernel source or at least headers to compile kernel modules and it was not released by zenithink.
So untill developers receive kernel modules from zenithink the compilation is not possible.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So does anyone know if this works? I purchased a USB to LAN adapter awhile back and have been unsuccessful in getting to to work on my tab. Would love to have it working, I don't have wifi here at work, but can connect to ethernet easily.
If any of these could get it to work, how would I go about installing them? Add to a mini sd card and do a boot like I'm updating the tab?

·
Registered
16 Posts
So does anyone know if this works? I purchased a USB to LAN adapter awhile back and have been unsuccessful in getting to to work on my tab. Would love to have it working, I don't have wifi here at work, but can connect to ethernet easily.
If any of these could get it to work, how would I go about installing them? Add to a mini sd card and do a boot like I'm updating the tab?
not work, but I successfully compile usb to lan adapter driver for chipset qf9700 and work on my upad 7"

·
Zenithink Tablet User / Information Transmitter
6,629 Posts
not work, but I successfully compile usb to lan adapter driver for chipset qf9700 and work on my upad 7"
Can you please post it with a download link?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Can you please post it with a download link?
here is the file for usb lan adapter driver
copy to /system/lib/modules
at terminal emulator with root write insmod /system/lib/modules/qf9700.ko
after that run dhcpcd
dhcpcd eth1
now you can ping but your browser still not work because your upad not recognize dns.
getprop dhcp.eth1.dns1 # get dns1
getprop dhcp.eth1.dns2 # get dns2
setprop net.dns1 dns1
setprop net.dns2 dns2

now your browser will work
for "setprop net.dns1 dns1" and "setprop net.dns2 dns2" I am use dns from google so I write setprop net.dns1 8.8.8.8

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
many usb to rj45 adapter use chipset qf9700. you can check via dmesg at terminal emulator. I tested 2 usb rj45 ethernet and they work well. not perfect but enough
here is usb to rj45 adapter
1. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-5-ETHERNET-10-100-NETWORK-ADAPTER-USB-LAN-RJ45-CARD-/140562200822
2. http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-2-0-10-100-Ethernet-LAN-Network-RJ45-Adapter-NEW-/320751632381?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aae497ffd

it's cheap adapter. for number 1 I got it only $4 at local shop and $5.5 (include shipping fee to indonesia) for number 2 from online store
here is the screenshot

need help:
how to make auto load module and getprop at boot

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts