Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,Fairly new to all this... I've got a bit of experience with Linux, a fair bit of sysadmin exp on windoze, but never really touched android having not had a device yet :'(I've had it in mind to create a touch screen jukebox type setup in my kitchen, so portability not the biggest concern - toyed with stashing a nettop and sticking a touch overlay onto a 15" screen but always seemed a little clunky. These Eken's however have piqued my interest once more!How good are they for playing music? Can you stream from shared folders/itunes library's across an internal network? Spotify app perhaps? RDP? VNC? :eek:I'm quite happy to get into hacking the thing, physically if necessary! But just wondered if I'm barking up the wrong tree!?!Any thoughts greatly appreciated thanks! ;D

·
Registered
7 Posts
I put a pair of speakers onto my Eken and the sound was as good as my Eeepc.You could look at using the M001 as a remote using VLC Remote.I tried it and you fire up VLC on your PC, load up your playlist, change some settings and then you have full controll of the VLC program via your Android device.Gonna try it out this weekend as we are having a BBQ. Haven't tried straming from network.See ya..........shorty

·
Registered
74 Posts
The only thing limiting the m001 as a jukebox is the speaker/headphone jack. The internal speaker is limited, and the headphone jack is pretty crappy (at least on mine). I haven't tried a set of real, quality speakers (just headphones so far), so maybe it does ok when something else is doing the amping. Let me know how it goes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts