Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am finding the Advertising posted by fake user SlateDroid very annoying as it interrupts the thread continuity. While concentrating on absorbing the info or request in the thread, suddenly you have a post with no content and an imposed ad. I understand the need for advertising and realise it is an economic necessity, but would prefer it to precede, follow or appear beside but not within thus breaking the thread continuity.Otherwise keep up the good work team.

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
Fake slatedroid says please buy some slate tiles for you bathroom or kitchen ;)

·
Registered
164 Posts
it is simply a way too make the adds more targeted, if dont put them in individual threads as we do now they are normally about "buying granite worktops" which is no help too anyone.if more users feel this is a problem, then we will figure out a work around.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wasn't too worried about the content of the ads. Now that it has been brought to my attention that they have little to do with the aims of the forums, I am going to be more distracted, read annoyed, by their interruption to the thread.Whatever you can do would be appreciated, thanks very much.

·
Co-Founder
2,103 Posts
We intend to keep them where they are (although we want to update the one at the top ASAP). The point is, the longer they are here, the more specific to the forum they get (Google Ads learns from the site content). We are working our way towards a dedicated server and without ads this cannot happen. By placing it after the first post in each thread (done automatically) ensures that it gets most views.We're not money-hungry bastards doing it for our own personal gain, we're doing this so that we can make SlateDroid as good as possible.

·
Registered
157 Posts
[quote author=Mike link=topic=876.msg6840#msg6840 date=1276114165]We intend to keep them where they are (although we want to update the one at the top ASAP). The point is, the longer they are here, the more specific to the forum they get (Google Ads learns from the site content). We are working our way towards a dedicated server and without ads this cannot happen. By placing it after the first post in each thread (done automatically) ensures that it gets most views.We're not money-hungry bastards doing it for our own personal gain, we're doing this so that we can make SlateDroid as good as possible.[/quote]I did see that Slatedroid was posting something but wasnt displayed here (adblock). Now that I know ima gonna set slatedroid to the whitelist. its ok as the forum is going nicely and pretty speedy (was faster i think but its fine now).

·
Co-Founder
2,103 Posts
Thanks for seeing our intentions correctly :)I'm afraid the server runs like a piece of shit for me here in the UK, and in China too apparently. Plus as we get more members it is going to be under a lot greater stress.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.