Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is basically a question for atp_uestc, or maybe somebody has already tried such a manipulation:

we all know that the hardware spec of the Z101 and Z102 are very close (GPS or not). As there are no new ROMs for the Z101 since the device has been discontinued by Zenithink, I would like to know if I could safely use on the Z101, one of the newer ROM developed for the Z102. Or alternatively, is there some config file to edit (e.g. remove GPS), before flashing the ROM.

Thanks for any info...

·
Zenithink Tablet User / Information Transmitter
6,629 Posts
I don't think that they are as similar as everyone thinks.....

I'm sure once atp has some free time after all the ICS troubleshooting he'll make an updated ZT280.kernel and ZT280.recovery file for the Z101 (I believe those are the only two files that are different among all the ZT-280 tablets).....

I suggest you email atp a link to this thread if you want it answered quickly.....

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I suggest you email atp a link to this thread if you want it answered quickly.....
We all really love the work atp is doing on ICS, so I won't try to disturb him for the moment... maybe after the official release of ICS.
Anyway, the 1024 ROM for Z101 is not that bad, but I like all the improvement offered by the 1206 ROM on the C91, so it would be nice to have them ported on the Z101...

·
Registered
615 Posts
just try beta3

·
Registered
81 Posts
just try beta3
I've directly tested beta4 both on C91 and Z101. Everything works perfectly! Thanks a lot atp

Will test on C71 a bit later: the device is mainly used by my wife, so cannot reflash too often

·
Registered
5 Posts
Posting here because I cannot start new topic... sorry

My question is: there is ANY way to add gps to a Z101? by any I mean also internal mod

I've tried to flash Z102 image, but it wont upgrade.

Right now I'm running ICS with one small problem... the screen rotation is off by 90 degree. Using the tablet in landscape mode the screen is in portrait mode and with tablet in portrait mode the screen is in landscape mode... I've just disable rotation in the menu.

maybe atp_uestc can help, evev if the Z101 is phased out

Thanks

·
Registered
615 Posts
o, not internal gps in z101.

run su
setprop dev.hw.gsensorposition <n>
then write "dev.hw.gsensorposition=<n>" to build.prop

<n> is from 0~7

if you don't want to debug yourself, wait our new release

·
Registered
5 Posts
thanks will try later.
What about usb or bluetooth gsp?
I have a usb one and it's not seen by android. It's based on a pl2303 usb to serial converter.

·
6,629 Posts
Thanks greetings respected atp_uestc which have made modules ftdi_sio.ko and pl2303.ko which lie here ftp://zenithink.com/dyliao/zt-280/lib
Thanks to it and its modules it was possible to start GPS USB DONGLE on a tablet.

Did so:
Has copied modules in system/lib/modules
Further:

1) insmod/system/lib/modules/pl2303.ko
2) chmod/dev/ttyUSB0 (at me the whistle became on port ttyUSB0)
3) has installed program SerialPort_1.1.apk from a market, has exposed speed on port 9600, the data has gone
4) has installed program InternalGPS4GTab_alpha3.apk with http://forum.xda-dev...1062333&page=37
In the program has specified that the receiver on port ttyUSB0 has pressed start
5) has gone out of doors, has started google maps, dongle has started blinking, and on a maps has shown my site

Forgive for My bad English I from Ukraine, I write through the translator

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is basically a question for atp_uestc, or maybe somebody has already tried such a manipulation:

we all know that the hardware spec of the Z101 and Z102 are very close (GPS or not). As there are no new ROMs for the Z101 since the device has been discontinued by Zenithink, I would like to know if I could safely use on the Z101, one of the newer ROM developed for the Z102. Or alternatively, is there some config file to edit (e.g. remove GPS), before flashing the ROM.

Thanks for any info...
Hi I am new to this site and to tablets. I have a ZT-280-Z101 but I got the Z102 firmware from Zenithink when it crashed, flashed it and all seems to work except I am not happy with video playback yet. Seller said look at barcode to know which to use, I couldn't locate that and took a flyer, downloaded both for the Z102 and used one of them.
Since then site still has the firmware listed for the Z101
K

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok did some test... still problem
I've copied the pl2303.ko file into modules dir with no problem, problem came later...
I can be root on a adb season, but not on the actual tablet running a terminal.
As soon I connect the usb gps the adb seasion quit so I cannot load the module via adb any idea?

ICS dated 05/01 return an error when i send the "su" command in both consolle and adb shell

Thanks

·
6,629 Posts
Ok did some test... still problem
I've copied the pl2303.ko file into modules dir with no problem, problem came later...
I can be root on a adb season, but not on the actual tablet running a terminal.
As soon I connect the usb gps the adb seasion quit so I cannot load the module via adb any idea?

ICS dated 05/01 return an error when i send the "su" command in both consolle and adb shell

Thanks
You should root the tablet so you can get full su privledges...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The last Gingerbread releases were pre-rooted, but the official ICS ROM is not. I hope to generate a prerooted ICS for all Z280-based devices, as a first testbed for my ZORFA project

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok got it sort of working...
I just need to find a way to auto install the pl2303 module at boot time.
Btw I can install the module only via adb shell seem I'm missing the "su" binary

Thanks you all.
If you need some tester for you project let me know

Forgot an important bit... for anyone wanna do the same.
Original build.prop have gps disable, you have to modify

# Disable GPS
gps.enable=false

to

# Enable GPS
gps.enable=true

·
Registered
615 Posts
ics version is linked

·