Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I just bought a mini usb to usb cable(otg) to be able to read files from a thumbdrive. I have the usb debugging enabled (tried first not enabled same result). when I turn on the tablet with the cable attached it says preparing usb storage, then preparing sdcard. I can't see the files I have on the thumbdrive, and the settings don''t mention a usb drive and es explorer does not see it either. What do you think I am doing incorrectly.

Thank you Meredith

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Debugging won'thave anything to do with that so you're good there. First are you sure the cable is OTG? Mini to A does not mean OTG. Also does the thumbdrive have any lights on it like a connection indicator? My experience with those has always been bad. Probably wants a little more juice than the mini port wants to give it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Debugging won'thave anything to do with that so you're good there. First are you sure the cable is OTG? Mini to A does not mean OTG. Also does the thumbdrive have any lights on it like a connection indicator? My experience with those has always been bad. Probably wants a little more juice than the mini port wants to give it.
The cable was the one from Amazon that was was suggested in one of the posts here, the thumbdrive has blue indicator lights and they flashed at first for about 2 seconds then stopped. The thumbdrives were 16gb and 32gb both formated as fat32 if that means anything. Haven't tried a usb mouse yet cause mainly wanted it for reading files from my laptop. I also ordered a case with a usb keyboard so I hope that works. Thanks Meredith

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
the thumbdrive has blue indicator lights and they flashed at first for about 2 seconds then stopped.
That's likely the issue, they need more power than the port provides.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
the thumbdrive has blue indicator lights and they flashed at first for about 2 seconds then stopped.
That's likely the issue, they need more power than the port provides.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts