Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,I have not been able to use my usb ports at all. I'm starting to think they are bad. Can you please tell me what you see, or what happens when you plug in usb keyboards, mouses, usb sticks? How do I know the apad has detected it? Is there a particular sequence you have to do when uses these devices? I also cannot connect the apad to a pc either. It does communicate with Windows, but does not successfully install the device (windows xp sp3 32-bit).Is there a difference between the top port and the bottom port? Is one for certain types of devices and the other for something else?

·
Registered
324 Posts
The devices you mention have to be plugged into the aPad when you boot it. You also need to put the USB port into host mode (see settings of the device, one option is USB HOST). When you connect it to a desktop PC (put USB back into slave mode before you do that) you should get a pop-up on the device asking you if you want to mount the device as a harddisk. If that does not work at all, you should contact the seller and ask if you can get a replacement.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote name='gevrik;11789]The devices you mention have to be plugged into the aPad when you boot it. You also need to put the USB port into host mode (see settings of the device' date=' one option is USB HOST). When you connect it to a desktop PC (put USB back into slave mode before you do that) you should get a pop-up on the device asking you if you want to mount the device as a harddisk. If that does not work at all, you should contact the seller and ask if you can get a replacement.[/QUOTE'] So let me see if I got this right, in order to upgrade the firmware, I need to turn on the apad, change the usb port settings into host mode and then shutdown the apad, turn the switch to off, then back to on, hold down the menu button and then plug into the windows xp machine?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.