Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another heads up: if the battery runs down (mine was about 60%) the 78 will NOT mount to pc. Was driving me crazy...would show up on my windows pc but when I went to the notifications dropdown to click "Turn on USB storage" nothing would happen. Plugged in power supply and then it worked. Obviously, battery power was not sufficient for whatever reason.....

· Registered
239 Posts
[quote name='emtaboy;30864]Another heads up: if the battery runs down (mine was about 60%) the 78 will NOT mount to pc. Was driving me crazy...would show up on my windows pc but when I went to the notifications dropdown to click "Turn on USB storage" nothing would happen. Plugged in power supply and then it worked. Obviously' date=' battery power was not sufficient for whatever reason.....[/QUOTE'] Had you installed the new CALIBRATION/USB update already?CPG

· Registered
239 Posts
Well. I am having more faith in Augen at this point. In about a week that have addressed 3 issues people were having with the Gentouch78. Lets hope the larger update coming next fixes more issues, and make this a very capable device for just $169.I will say that corporate is good at calling back. They just called me to inform the update had been posted that would fix my device (mine would't boot). I had found it last night already, so I was good to go. But its good to see they get back to their customers timely.Here's for hoping.. CPG

· Registered
12 Posts
Weird. After I installed update.bat from the 7800atpsoftware.zip file my Gentouch isn't recognized when I connect the USB to the PC. I checked all the settings on the G78 and everything looks good.Did anyone else update their G78 and can still connect to the PC with ADB?

· Registered
12 Posts
mbroderick;30914 said:
Weird. After I installed update.bat from the 7800atpsoftware.zip file my Gentouch isn't recognized when I connect the USB to the PC. I checked all the settings on the G78 and everything looks good.Did anyone else update their G78 and can still connect to the PC with ADB?
**UPDATE**I ended up trying another USB Cable and it connects now. Weird because I could Flash the UPDATE to the device with the old usb cable but after then update that cable wouldn't work. At least I back on track... until I screw something else up! lol

· Registered
25 Posts
They added USB charging in the update. I'm seeing that the cable they provided doesn't allow a real charge and that could be part of the cause. Try a thicker mini-USB cable, I'm using the one from a Crackberry and it works great.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.