Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Zenithink Tablet User / Information Transmitter
6,629 Posts
Android Commander works on my Win 7 64-bit. It's not working for you?
I think the 1126 and 0113 betas have dual zImages - one for mass storage one for adb, but I could be wrong......

·
Registered
46 Posts
Android Commander (including new beta) doesn't work on my windows 7 home premium 32 bit. All the versions I tried just hung there with a separate box saying loading but main window doesn't list any devices. Help please.

·
6,629 Posts
Android Commander (including new beta) doesn't work on my windows 7 home premium 32 bit. All the versions I tried just hung there with a separate box saying loading but main window doesn't list any devices. Help please.
If you made sure you did all the requirements:
Phone Requirements:
- ROOT access over ADB (without root you can't use Applications Manager)
- BusyBox (required only for rooted phones; included to most ROMs)
- Settings->Applications->Development->USB debugging must be enabled
- USB cable

PC Requirements:
- Windows (I'm using Win7 32bit)
- Android SDK
- Installed ADB USB Driver from Android SDK *
- SDK/Tools in System Path (program can set it for You

....and you are sure adb over usb is working (SDK Manager/Available packages/third party add-ons/Google USB driver package, revision 4 is installed)*, try unplugging the usb cable from the otg and plugging it back in and then see if it finds it (sometimes that's what I have to do when it says it can't find any devices).

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am currently running 1126 for the mass storage capability, but it is slow and unstable compared to the latest Froyo ROM.

On my Windows XP x64 machine my tablet is detected properly, but when I type "adb devices" into the command prompt the list is blank.

When I searched around the web for solutions it looked as if the only way to ADB to a ZT-180 was via TCP/IP (i.e. wifi or ethernet), which isn't really suitable for me.

So *should* it be possible to ADB over USB using XP x64?

·
6,629 Posts
I have been using adb over usb for a while now on my Win 7 64 bit. I'm not positive, but I think you just need to install the Google USB driver package from sdk manager as I stated earlier.

When I plug my tablet via OTG USB to the computer and do adb devices, this is what I get -
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
List of devices attached
0123456789ABCDEF device

Maybe somene with the same OS as you can help you out more......

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Finally found a thread that seems to confirm my suspicion that Google USB driver simply doesn't work in XP x64 (Win 7 x64 is fine, just not XP): http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=618987

My ZT-180 is detected as "Android ADB Interface", but uses a different driver I think, which doesn't work. I try to manually force it to use the driver under android-sdk-windows\extras\google\usb_driver, but it's not having any of it.

Gutted.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Result!!! Got it working after some fiddling the driver files! For anyone else having same problem as me:

1. Install Android SDK.
  2. Open "android-sdk-windows\extras\google\usb_driver\android_winusb.inf" in a text editor (e.g. Notepad).
  3. Find the section [Google.NTamd64], there are a list of phones. Under this section add the following lines and save the file:

Code:
    ;ZT-180<br />
    %SingleAdbInterface%        = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_D00D<br />
    %CompositeAdbInterface%     = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_D00D&MI_01
  4. Via Device Manager update the driver for your device using the now-modified "android-sdk-windows\extras\google\usb_driver\android_winusb.inf".
  5. Restart computer.
  6. Enjoy ZT-180 ADB compatibility in Windows XP x64!
If windows reports that "No driver was found for your device in location" (or whatever), then you need to change the VID_18D1 and PID_D00D to match your device. To do this open the device properties in Device Manager and go to Details tab. You will see under "Device Instance Id" the VID and PID codes for your device.

Sweet!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.