Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone feel up to hacking a new driver for USB keyboards? The stock one for Android doesn't have support for control or caps lock keys.I'd really like to have support for the full keyboard. As it is, I can't type on an Android device.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do you mean connecting a usb keyboard to your apad? I tried it, it worked! I used a micro-usb to usb-hub adaptar to connect a usb keyboard to my device, it worked fairly well. You don't need a driver to do that.The back button and the home button respond well, the only problem is that when I disconnected the keyboard from my device, it went back to home screen automatically. Other than that it works just fine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
No, android does no use the ctrl button. In my experience with android, especially android with hard keyboard (I've got a old, but still great G1 phone), it use the alt and shift button to do the work.If I remember right, it uses either shift+C or alt+C to replace ctrl+C for copy, etc.As for other keys, such as the end button and page up/down button, they work just fine.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!Do you know that you're the first person who mentioned that Android even had shortcuts? I had assumed there weren't any because no on mentioned them the other 3 times I raised this issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.