Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Co-Founder
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I the only person who has a completely non-functioning USB interface? It does not show up at all on this machine (Win XP 64 - understandable, tablet doesn't recognize USB niether does computer). When plugged in on Ubuntu it won't recognize it. When plugged in on Win32 it tries to install drivers but then fails.Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
Do you have the SDK USB drivers as an available package. I needed them under Win7 x64 to connect.If it fails again after the package is installed you can point device manager to android_winusb.inf in the SDK

·
Co-Founder
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I'll try that tomorrow.Also, is anyone else having issues with only being able to use an app once? If I try and start it again it just minimizes straight away. Holding down the home button brings up the currently running apps, but as soon as it is released it goes straight back to home again meaning that I can't switch and have to restart the device. On holding down the power button I get the shutdown prompt but it continuously flashes.

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
Mike, i have the issues with the flashing on shutdown, it appears that it is something in the rom and is known. Unfortunatly i dont have a functioning home button on the w1060 so have allways used the "back" button. Might be good to see if this solves the issue of minimising the progs, im expecting an A81E to arrive in next couple of days, and will give it a try, has anyone else had issues? Might be good if its happening to wack it on the bug list post

·
Registered
69 Posts
[quote name='Mike;33943]Am I the only person who has a completely non-functioning USB interface? It does not show up at all on this machine (Win XP 64 - understandable' date=' tablet doesn't recognize USB niether does computer). When plugged in on Ubuntu it won't recognize it. When plugged in on Win32 it tries to install drivers but then fails.Any ideas?[/QUOTE'] I have this same problem, ubuntu wont find it, windows wont either. dmesg in ubuntu gives this:[ 1004.884960] usb 2-3: USB disconnect, address 3[ 1007.621077] usb 2-3: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 5

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.