Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have the eken m001 and would like to connect a usb keyboard to it but it does not have a usb port. i was wondering if you guys know where to buy one for it? i would like something that has 2 female ports but i guess 1 would be enough. i read something about making one but for the life of me i'm lame when it comes to diy. can't even make a pbj sandwich on my own. thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
nanonano;24767 said:
i have the eken m001 and would like to connect a usb keyboard to it but it does not have a usb port. i was wondering if you guys know where to buy one for it? i would like something that has 2 female ports but i guess 1 would be enough. i read something about making one but for the life of me i'm lame when it comes to diy. can't even make a pbj sandwich on my own. thanks.
You took the words right out of my mouth (or fingers in this case). I actually tried a couple of times to make a vable myself but i ended up with 4 partially destroyed ipod cables.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
there's a thread here started by vtpad about making a usb host cable. i hope he sells one. i'm definitely buying. my butterfingers can't handle diy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I tried to follow the guide but i'm giving up, gonna buy another cable (fifth if anyone's counting) and go to an electronics store with the schematics to get them to do it for me. Normally i wouldn't quit but ipod cables and accessories are still kinda expensive where i'm from

·
Premium Member
2,428 Posts
Just on the off chance they might be persuaded to carry it, I left a message with monoprice.com. They are a big distributor of cables, connectors,etc and carry ipod/ipad accessories.Worth a try to convince them that they can make money by selling them.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[quote name='Pook;39371]I'm planning on using a [URL=http://cgi.ebay.ph/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200386674546]gender changer[/URL] to plug into the end of the standard cable' date=' to give me a female port to plug anything else into.[/QUOTE']it won't work. i've read it in one of the threads here plus an explanation why it wouldn't. that's why some people here took the trouble of making their own cable. if it were just a matter of using a gender changer then everyone here would have done that. Sent from my SlateDroid 1.3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Pook;39406 said:
I was presuming that the gender changer would invert the wiring of pins two and three. Does that not do the trick?
worth a try. i checked the link and it's not a loss if it doesn't work. Sent from my SlateDroid 1.3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
[quote name='kingpin3k;39458]Gender change won't work. The cable is a slave-mode cable' date=' if you want to use a keyboard or something else you need HostCable!![/QUOTE']I'm beginning to think that the cable is not the problem, since the M001 may not be capable of swapping its role as device/slave to master.

·
Registered
187 Posts
This thread is exactly why you should get the M003, it has a regular USB A connector. I have a mini hub with keyboard and wireless mouse working on it. I can't get USB drives to work when connected to HUB. Might try using a power hub and see it that makes a difference. On my original ROM I had bluetooth file transfer working, all other ROMS have broken RTCOMM. Round 1: M001 vs M003USB MadnessWinner M003

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
had i known the m003 existed before i bought my m001 then i would have gotten the former. can't complain anyway as i only paid $55 for my eken. i originally paid $105 but after a few complaints and tons of negotiations (and threats), the seller gave me a hefty refund. makes me wonder how much these m001s are at cost. $40?Sent from my B?sendorfer using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 28 Posts