Android Tablets Forum banner
21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey !!Thanks for fast answer !I tried several actions, first plug in, and then afterwards start HOST MODE, plugged in with already started HOST MODE, booting up with plugged in USB-3G, different USB-Ports .....Nothing worked ...Any ideas ??

·
Registered
19 Posts
O.K., NC-Manager....Tried before, but anyway trying again.With enabled WIFI, the manager warns me, in chinese, when I'm trying to connect with 3g. Maybe the reason, that I'm not able to connect to two networks ??Disconnected WIFI, WIFI OFF .... trying to connect ... Window: Connect 3G - Failed!!!Is there another Network-Manager out there ???It seems NC-Manager is special for Rocketchip (CopyRight) ??!!Thanks again

·
Registered
324 Posts
In that case I would e-mail the guys at Chinagrabber and ask them if they are sure that it works with the aPad. Tell them that you tested with a stick just like it and that it did not work and if there are any special steps to follow. I might just buy one of those if it works, so you can tell them that they might get a sale or two if they answer and can make it work.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Here I am again, ...just downloaded the "original user manual" from herehttp://slatedroid.com/index.php?topic=515.0On page 13: "Native USB interface support USB EVDO, USB HOST, USB Device.When set to USB EVDO mode, by otg cable EVDO on the card, when connected, the machine status bar will display signal strength (not search on the card signal strength Department has a red cross), open the network connection device, the 3G column by the "Connect" button, prompts the network can connect successfully. Current EVDO tested models are: AC560, EC169, etc."What means EVDO, or "otg cable", 3 USB-Modes ????I even tried to create a APN for my carrierAPN Name : o2 InternetAPN : InternetProxy : Nicht festgelegtPort : Nicht festgelegtNutzername : Nicht festgelegtPasswort : Nicht festgelegtServer : Nicht festgelegtMMSC : Nicht festgelegtMMS-Proxy : Nicht festgelegtMMS-Port : Nicht festgelegtMCC : 262MNC : 07APN-Typ : defaultBUT I everytime I saved my data, everything was [email protected], tried all USB-Ports, both didn't work form [email protected]'t laugh .... I will try ;)Greetings,Oliver

·
Registered
18 Posts
I tried to connect a flash drive to my Rockchip Apad. It detected it as usb mass storage device. The problem is I Cant access the drive!!! I tried to go into es file explorer or whatever and it only shows the micro sd and local areas. What am I doing wrong? It is a pny 4gig stick.I also toggled usb port on and off and tried it and it was a no go. Is there something I am missing? Should I unmount the sd first? I dont see as how it would make a difference but I will try anyway. Anyone with any experience in this area?

·
Registered
324 Posts
[quote author=JediMindtrick link=topic=112.msg6339#msg6339 date=1276024725]I tried to connect a flash drive to my Rockchip Apad. It detected it as usb mass storage device. The problem is I Cant access the drive!!! I tried to go into es file explorer or whatever and it only shows the micro sd and local areas. What am I doing wrong? It is a pny 4gig stick.I also toggled usb port on and off and tried it and it was a no go. Is there something I am missing? Should I unmount the sd first? I dont see as how it would make a difference but I will try anyway. Anyone with any experience in this area?[/quote]try /usb1/ or /usb2/ folder in the file explorer. Also make sure it's formatted already.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a problem, I've been trying to plug a flash drive to my Apad, but it does not recognize it. I already enabled the usb as a host, but after pluggin in several flash usb drives nothing happens. Do you have any idea of what is might be wrong?

·
Registered
6 Posts
yes the stick is formatted, and there is nothing at /usb1/ folder. I'm using firmware 530 everything else seems to be working ok. Also the power led of the flash memory is not turning on my guess is that the usb host option is not working correctly and it can not deliver the power to the flash memory.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,my APAD arrives a few days before, I'm really impressed, everything works great, the only thing, that doesn't work, is the 3G connection. I tried to use a HUAWEI E169 3G modem with it, I've added an APN for my provider, but if I try to connect the NC Manager says "3g Connect Failed!"But the APAD shows up, that it has a good reception.So do I need a driver or something like that?btw, if I activate the Host Mode and connect the 3G modem, the APAD freeze. the modem and all the other devices(mouse, keyboard, mass storage) works only, if the Host Mode is DISABLED. and the devices only works with the lower port.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hmmm. I can get mouse and keyboard to work just fine (on a USB hub so I can use both at once) but each time I try to connect USB storage, I get a "Damaged USB Mass Storgae". By the way, of what use is that second USB port used for? (The top one when the unit is oriented in landscape).Cheers,J.P.

·
Registered
646 Posts
[quote name='jp_dupuis;9271]Hmmm. I can get mouse and keyboard to work just fine (on a USB hub so I can use both at once) but each time I try to connect USB storage' date=' I get a "Damaged USB Mass Storgae". By the way, of what use is that second USB port used for? (The top one when the unit is oriented in landscape).Cheers,J.P.[/QUOTE']It should be FAT32 and it will be on Udrive

·
Registered
21 Posts
FYI, I'm creating this post on my aPad. :) I just received it on Friday and have obviously been playing with it as much as possible,keeping in mind the needs of its batteries. One thing is very odd: I have managed to get a USB keyboard to work (I'm typing with it) but it doesn't seem to recognize a USB stick. 've tried two different sticks, both of which are FAT formatted and read fine on both Windows and Mac. I do have a usb1 folder, but it is empty. This is with stock firmware. Any ideas? Thanks.

21 - 40 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.