Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys do know its sold in the US by a number of sellers with 2 day shipping?How do i know? Im one of them.I was one of the frist to bring in the Wirelession witts81 and the smartQ last year .The advandage ?You can call me up and yell at me and i have a 100% feedback,Not happy,,i send you another one.The Eken is on Ebay(100 sellers plus )! and Amazon. Im sorry if this post is considered self serving.. (It is kinda)if so just tell me and i will not promote my self again..this site is to cool to be banned'I have a guy who ported Debian to one of my mini notebooks with the Via 8505 and he can do it for the Eken.should we give it a shot.If the moderater agrees I can post the youtube link showing it running.Ubuntu also has a port for arm and its debian based.This is a nice little unit and as time goes on the quality will get better at this time we have each unit checked after we get them from the maker

·
Registered
143 Posts
[quote author=drewmat7 link=topic=371.msg3168#msg3168 date=1275148087]You guys do know its sold in the US by a number of sellers with 2 day shipping?[/quote]Actually this statement only very recently proves to be true. When this forum began, and when many of us bought our Ekens, the Chinese sellers were the only way to go. We had no other option. When I purchased my Eken on April 30 I tried to locate an American seller and couldn't find any. I had to order from China... and worry the whole three weeks until it arrived.One area where the Chinese sellers fail is in offering correct specs and information. They tend to print multitudes of conflicting and false info about their products. I have seen some US sellers do nothing more than quote the same misinformation, but hopefully most will delve deeper into what they're selling and give correct info. I know some of them do.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your quite right about the the spec issue . what i usely do is have my guy in china check them out and then check them again before shipment,even so i got a order with european chargers.I imported the wirelession 1060(witts 81A) and the smartQ 7.With new products there is always small jinks and firmware updates,The 8505 netbook i import is 300mhz and i bet the eken is too.The biggest problem with the new mids for a US seller is the majority of them break apples 3d design patent and it will be just a matter of time before a order gets nabbed.I have tested the rockchip 600mzh and its very fast ,cortex 8 will be (5 times faster) soon and already arm 11 are in these tablets

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
We do not ban people for just listing their business website , we delete and potentially ban people for blatantly advertising. I am in the US and would like a US source ( of course owners of the site get special discounts
)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts