Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SOSI realised my error and put the script file only onto my sd card to get this firmware, after three hours of being stuck on the "Pleease wait loading system file" line i begrudgingly had to unwravel a paperclip to reset it. Now i get a black screen and one red light? is this what they call "bricking"??? love to all

·
Premium Member
2,428 Posts
Yep. Put the SD card in a pc put the script folder on it with files.With slate off put the sdcard back in. Turn on slate and if the firmware is the correct one for your slate you should be ok.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Follow correct install intructions, see if you get more luck (search forums here for this)Instractions are including, but not limited to: correct format and size of SD card, 7-zip unzipping, safe removel of Sd card from the usd drive...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK.1GB SD card formatted using the panasonic formatter to FAT327zip will not open the official eken upgrade....... any clues?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Another point, seeing as I only get a blank screen when I start it.Will the screen start working on startup if I have followed everything correctly? I am getting really frustrated with this, it has been such a hassle, I just want clear concise instructions on what to do, given my current situation, I have tried searching through the forums but everything seems so scattered

·
Registered
82 Posts
Read Ecotox ROM development thread (first 20 pages or so). There is clear and precise descrioption of how to install ROM hidden in there.http://38.99.171.104/~slatedr1/showthread.php/44-ROM-UPDATED-6-29-ECOTOX-v1.1.1-Official-StableAs for the "black" screen, does it even light up with any kind of info or it is just pitch black always?If there is nothing on the screen ever, then you may just have a defective unit.Are lights red or green? silly question, Are you sure you have m001 and not other kind of tablet, like iPed?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts