Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After hearing about all of the problems running the 800mhz version of JGM 4.0 I decided I needed to try it for myself. Mysickpc has been using the 800mhz version so I decided to download it from him. It is available in the post below.

http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/16388-this-is-the-best-cruz-reader-setup-imho-whats-yours/

This is a very lite version of the JGM 4.0 but I really enjoyed it. First thing that I wanted to do was to check that it was actually running at 800mhz. I downloaded the setcpu app from market and there it was 800mhz as advertised. The performance boost made the little reader cruz a little faster. I'm not sure that I would recommend this for everyone but I am very happy with this change so far. I am running the link2sd app and I have upgraded both the internal and external sd cards. I just wanted to share my experience because I have been one of those who said that it was not a good idea to run this reader at 800mhz. So far so good though! I will keep you all updated.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Congrats!
Experience suggests that if you can boot up at 800MHz, you have a good chance of it being stable, but many units fail to boot (loop). Since this condition is virtually unrecoverable, I regard the exercise as something like playing Russian roulette with an unknown number of bullets.
Hope it works out for you & keep us updated.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Delta- So far so good! I have not had any problem booting yet. Not to say that I wont down the road but it looks to be running very stable. We shall see!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just put it on mine, too (upgraded from JGM's 4.0 533MHz - Good thing I had the terminal emulator backed up!) Market didn't work at first, but once I uninstalled the updates (when did it have time to update?) it's fine.

When I booted for the first time, the screen turned white for a few seconds (heart attack!) and then it looped once (second heart attack!), but it ended up working. Seems great so far. The speed difference isn't as noticeable as I'd hoped, but it is noticeable. If I have any trouble with it I'll post in this thread.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just put it on mine, too (upgraded from JGM's 4.0 533MHz - Good thing I had the terminal emulator backed up!) Market didn't work at first, but once I uninstalled the updates (when did it have time to update?) it's fine.

When I booted for the first time, the screen turned white for a few seconds (heart attack!) and then it looped once (second heart attack!), but it ended up working. Seems great so far. The speed difference isn't as noticeable as I'd hoped, but it is noticeable. If I have any trouble with it I'll post in this thread.
I've been using the 800MHz for ages now and haven't had a single problem. Good luck to ya!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Still working great! After a few days of heavy use, it's crashed once. I was using Dolphin Mini on Facebook (and Facebooking on this thing has always been an adventure).

Incidentally, does anyone know a reliable, usable Facebook app for the Reader? Friendcaster would be great if it actually, you know, loaded images....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Actually I've been wondering about this as well. Does anyone know a good APP for facebook that works well on this device?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts