Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone who actually cares :)Pandigital still hasn't released the update for some of their more recent firmwares. Forums user "Joey" got a PDN with S10_07_05B and was kind enough to upload his firmware so I could make an update package.THERE IS NO UNINSTALLER, if you desperately want to go back to the old version you will have to use recovery. Changes are mostly (but not entirely) limited to the PD apps.Instructions:Unzip to the root of your directory containing adb.exe, run upgrade_S10_07_04_to_S10_07_05B.bat, and follow the prompts. It will ask you if you've installed Google Experience so it can properly patch the build.prop so that Google Experience keeps working.http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?njgttmqyzmrmmjnIf you have a later firmware than this, help us out! Run the following command:"adb pull /system backup"This will create a folder name "backup" in that directory. Zip or rar it up, upload it to an upload website, and post the link in this thread or send me a private message.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Awesome! So I am guessing from your comments there that upgrading the firmware leaves your currently installed apps in place and doesn't do a factory reset type thing? Also, does this help with the wifi issues?Thanks,Rob

·
Registered
143 Posts
I've tested this update twice now with a June PDN, and it's slowed the device down to a completely unusable crawl once this patch is applied. I cannot figure out what the problem is, but once I push the updates to this device over adb and reboot, the device slows down by 3-4 fold at the least. I'm about to just flash it back to 7/4 and leave it alone.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
I've been more than happy with 7-4 and added home/apks. Not willing to tempt fate until they give me some new functions.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Don't shoot the messenger :)After testing this upgrade, I went back to the old firmware anyways, mostly because I don't care. I just did this since some people requested it.The stuff in the zip is ONLY the changed files, so if you look at the non-PD stuff you can try to take a guess at what they were working on based on the filename.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
no, you're good. Just making sure noobs don't rush to break what's fixed.Ironically, I left the sdcard with the 7-4 fw in the device, and accidentally reflashed my system...DON'T DO THAT!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
I figured out my problem with the manual update file...turns out after installing the update a second time on top of the same firmware installation that it fixes the slowness problem. I have no idea why this actually works, but in my situation it did. Go figure...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.