Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,just got an email from pandigital support. Not what I wanted to hear......There is a temporary hold on the sale of the Novel while all units at Kohl?s store shelves are upgraded to the most recent firmware version. These units should be available for sale again within the next few weeks. Unfortunately we do not have an exact ETA.So the wait continues

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'm thinking the Pandigital guys are going to hold out for a few weeks and end up releasing the white and black models around the same time...because of that I've just about decided I'm ditching the idea of the Pandigital Novel completely and breaking down and purchasing an Archos 7 HT. I absolutely hate the idea of settling for the Archos 7, but I'm sick and tired of being jerked around by Kohls/Pandigital and their inability to release a product that at least works out of the box, even if they do release firmware images quicker than everybody else. I already have a local buyer interested in my white PDN for $250 so as soon as I can work out a place/time this thing is history.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I just got the following email from Pandigital - Dear Pandigital Customer, Thank you for your recent email concerning our Pandigital digital novel e-reader. Thank you for your interest in the Novel and your patience as we bring it to market. At this time, we can confirm that a 2GB Black model will be available soon but do not have an exact date. We understand that many of our customers are posting their purchase experiences on the web and that conflicting information in these posts can be confusing. Please be assured that the details of the new model’s availability as well as for Kohl’s rain checks and upgrades for the current model are being worked through at this time. We will be happy to share these details with you as soon as they are confirmed. We have also forwarded your suggestions and concerns tot he appropriate parties for their review at this time. We can best help you through our toll free customer service line. Please give us a call at (1-800) 715-5354 during the hours listed below. When you call, please have your digital novel e-reader and receipt with you and give the service agent the phone number or email address that you recorded here so that we are able to quickly access your history. Your Pandigital digital novel e-reader carries a 1 year warranty against defects that begins on the original date of purchase. The purchase date must be validated by a receipt. Thank you for choosing Pandigital. We look forward to helping you find a solution to your problem. Best Regards, Pandigital Support Center Phone: (1-800) 715-5354Monday - Friday 10am -7pm ESTSaturday 10am - 4pm EST

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
$250? I'd sell mine for $250... That's craziness...

·
Registered
171 Posts
Of course you can always get your local Kohl's to price match the BB&B price of $169, and THEN use the current 30% off coupon code. You may need to wait until the next 30% off code is released if there isn't an active one right now. They have a new one every month. This of course only works if your local Kohl's has any of the Novel's in stock though...A flip side to this would be to get BB&B to accept Kohl's 30% off coupon, and then use their rebate on top of that. I have had success getting BB&B to accept competitors coupons before, and since Kohl's carries the exact same product you shouldn't have an issue. You might have the best luck doing this online, as you'll most likely only have the 30% off coupon code from Kohl's rather than the hard copy coupon that comes in the mail.

·
Registered
361 Posts
kylelipp;24224 said:
Bed Bath and Beyond have the Novel for $169. There's a $20 Mail in rebate from Pandigital and I have a coupon for 20% off of purchases I'm hoping I can use both and get this for something close to $130 after tax and rebate. which would be kind of cool.http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=17504215
Better hurry, the rebate ends soon & BTW it is a BB&B rebate as I read it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
[quote name='bugeyed;24270]Better hurry' date=' the rebate ends soon & BTW it is a BB&B rebate as I read it.[/QUOTE']But, as to the validity of using both the 20% off coupon and doing the MIR, the store I got mine from this past weekend said that would work. I mailed in my MIR yesterday and will report back what happens. I have done similar things with BB&B in the past for consumer electrics (like an Espresso machine...).

·
Registered
361 Posts
[quote name='tadroid;24285]But' date=' as to the validity of using both the 20% off coupon and doing the MIR, the store I got mine from this past weekend said that would work. I mailed in my MIR yesterday and will report back what happens. I have done similar things with BB&B in the past for consumer electrics (like an Espresso machine...).[/QUOTE'] Check the old postings. Many people here have used both discounts. I don't think anyone has received the rebate back, but there has been no concern that they don't both apply.Cheers,kev

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.