Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a WPDN that has not been altered in any way.

this weekend my B&N app started askign me to "unlock Media" if I selected a paid for book. I searched the forum but could nto find a similar post, so I am posting now.

When I tap the book icon (for paid content - free books no issue), a window pops up saying "unlock Media - to unlock, enter name and credit card number registered in your B&N account"

I input that info and it then says:

"incorrect name or credit card number" and provides spots to input the info again.

~I double checked with B&N account - it is the correct name/CC# that I am putting in. I even CHANGEd them to try it again and it still did nto work with the updated name/CC#

~I logged out and relogged in to re-sync my accoutn - no change.

~I deleted the book and re-downloaded it - no change.

~I called B&N - my accoutn is current and all is fine on their end. They indicated I have version 1 of the B&N app, but the pandigital is now using v1.1 or 1.2 (I cna't remember which v she said) and to contact Pandigital about updating.

~I talked to pandigital CS - they said to install the FW update and that shoudl solve the problem. I followed the directions they provided and did the FW re-install (it was the same version, so not an update) and that did nto solve the problem (same ver of B&N app too), even after logging out and relogging in to sync the B&N account, or deleting and redownloading the book - I get the same "unlock media" request.

I am about to throw the thing in the trash I am so pissed/irritated.

Oh, and FWIW - I downloaded th ePC app from B&N and can access my book on my PC no problem - so it is definitely somethign with the novel's B&N app - but it is not like I can curl up with my PC in bed......

Any help? Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
problem solved.

pandigital cs told me to do a factory reset (settings.privacy.factory reset) - all works fine now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts