Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Dear ones,I started a flash process and when it didn't finish for a long time, I shut the device down.Result is no display on the screen when powering up. Loading a new script directory and powering up doesn't start flash process. There's just no display. Sometimes there's a short flash of light from the screen when powering on. And then it turns black.Is there a way to regain consciousness?Where does this device look for a boot sector?Blessings,Shahar

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dear ones,I've found the right pins inside on the board.What I'm missing now is the stuff about the voltages. Can I connect this straight to my PC's RS232 with a cable? Or do I need some resistors or something.Blessings,Shahar

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dear ones,I would like to write good instructions in this thread of how to reflash/unbrick the Eken M-0003.I have no knowledge of this procedure. Please contribute information so that I could eventually figure this out, do it and write it down for all of those who have found themselves with a bricked machine.The first thing that I need help with is the big picture. Specifically these questions:[list type=decimal][*]What causes the bricking.[*]How do I undo the bricking.[/LIST]Blessings,Shahar

· Registered
634 Posts
Just for your info:I did the same thing as many; expulse the SD card at the begining of the flash process and this get stuck.I turned it off and reinsert the SD, turn it on and voila,I am not really sure you really can erase the bootloader as this one should be in Physical Rom and not in Flash.My thoughts.

· Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone, Trying to fix bricked M001 here. The device I'm trying to fix had update flash accidently removed while rebooting.I connected to device via JTAG, and this is how bricked device looks while booting: WonderMedia Technologies, Inc.W-Load Version : 0.17.00.01ethaddr............foundW-Load loading...It looks that flash memory has been erased and wload.bin partially loaded or not loaded at all. Question here is how or what command to use to interrupt, bypass or prevent from starting this boot procedure.Thanks, Nerijus

· Registered
7 Posts
[quote name='Nereus;10778]Hi everyone' date=' Trying to fix bricked M001 here. The device I'm trying to fix had update flash accidently removed while rebooting.I connected to device via JTAG, and this is how bricked device looks while booting: WonderMedia Technologies, Inc.W-Load Version : 0.17.00.01ethaddr............foundW-Load loading...It looks that flash memory has been erased and wload.bin partially loaded or not loaded at all. Question here is how or what command to use to interrupt, bypass or prevent from starting this boot procedure.Thanks, Nerijus[/QUOTE'] how u connect jtag?

· Registered
1 Posts
Hey Guys!I'm an owner of a dead M001 too ... :(I've figured out the serial Interface on the board and connected via a MAX232 ... this is just what fska and Nereus just done before.Same thing for my device... it hangs on W-Load loading [email protected] THIS IS NOT JTAG, JUST THE SERIAL TERMINAL :)So NOW we have to find the JTAG-Port of the M001 ... this will be difficult because the mainboard doesn't seem to have this port.But it MUST be on the CPU-Board !!!I think even the connector of the CPU-Board MUST HAVE the Pins of this JTAG-Port ...IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE HOW KNOWS IF WE CAN MESSURE THE RIGHT PINS OUT OR HAS ANY OTHER IDEA ???I would then try to rewrite the bootloader to the device (I Have an JTAG Interface Cable to connect to the device and reflash it)WE JUST HAVE TO FIND THE JTAG-Pins !!!

· Registered
24 Posts
well I'm not sure if this actually helps but..if you look images at here CircuitDB | Eken M003 reviewthere is a picture of CPU board front & back.If you open the front side image and take a look at top left corner of the board, there is soldering points: 1v8 GND2 3v3sscroll down, you can see few other soldering points one with reading 3v3scroll right, soldering points: pbtn, pwg0 txd0 rxdo gnd1So could those point be for JTAG, I have no idea just noticed them as I was looking imageto get access to JTAG one need more then just serial cable?I noticed that they sell ARM JTAG connectors in here: SparkFun Electronics - ARM

· Registered
16 Posts
I received a tutorial that teaches you to write files in the flash memory, but using usb connection with windows.However, Windows does not see the tablet and I can not apply the patch. Apparently there was a combination of buttons that would make the windows see the device.In the tutorial would be menu + power, but does not work on Eken M001. Who to make the windows see the device via usb can solve this problem.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.