Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you're anything like me, you like to be adventurous with your stuff. That means you want to root it, improve its performance, or bring it to the latest Android version at all costs. The latter idea made me try to upgrade the tablet with a Window N90 JellyBean firmware. The device has the same chipset, the same screen resolution and so on, as our device. What could go wrong?

Well, everything did. The device wouldnt not only power on, but it refused to be reset and (worst of all) it didn't want to be connected to the computer to mend the issue. That amounts to a brick, right? A silver $130 brick, plus $25 shipping.

So, extreme problems require extreme measures. It was time to force it into submission, and here's how I did it.

1) Tear the back cover open. In my case I was aided by a small assembling defect which detached the cover in one place and made the procedure fairly easy.
2) Behold the miracle of modern technology, covered with cellophane and rubber. I apologize in advance for the quality of the photos, which is obviously not iFixit material:
https://plus.google.com/photos/114216115649653345200/albums/5787257821599404081
3) As you can imagine, the big grey block is the battery. It's time to detach it. You'll need to remove the cellophane strip which keeps the battery connection in place.
4) Connect the tablet through the USB port and open the Rockchip flashing tool you have available. Be sure to feed it Teclast firmware this time.
5) Hold the Vol+/Back button while you reattach the battery to its socket.
6) The tablet will come back to life and be recognized by the Rockchip tool.

I hope you don't have to take advantage of this little guide, but I felt it was necessary to write it, just in case.

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Well done and thanks for the guide. It confirms what I have read elsewhere that rk3066 tablets are pretty much unbrickable (fingers crossed)

Jez

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts
If you're anything like me, you like to be adventurous with your stuff. That means you want to root it, improve its performance, or bring it to the latest Android version at all costs. The latter idea made me try to upgrade the tablet with a Window N90 JellyBean firmware. The device has the same chipset, the same screen resolution and so on, as our device. What could go wrong?

Well, everything did. The device wouldnt not only power on, but it refused to be reset and (worst of all) it didn't want to be connected to the computer to mend the issue. That amounts to a brick, right? A silver $130 brick, plus $25 shipping.

So, extreme problems require extreme measures. It was time to force it into submission, and here's how I did it.

1) Tear the back cover open. In my case I was aided by a small assembling defect which detached the cover in one place and made the procedure fairly easy.
2) Behold the miracle of modern technology, covered with cellophane and rubber. I apologize in advance for the quality of the photos, which is obviously not iFixit material:
https://plus.google....257821599404081
3) As you can imagine, the big grey block is the battery. It's time to detach it. You'll need to remove the cellophane strip which keeps the battery connection in place.
4) Connect the tablet through the USB port and open the Rockchip flashing tool you have available. Be sure to feed it Teclast firmware this time.

I hope you don't have to take advantage of this little guide, but I felt it was necessary to write it, just in case.
That is an awesome and pretty simple solution!
Great Work!!

Tasselhof

Reactions: Logseman

·
Registered
125 Posts

It happened to me the same..
As explained here..

http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/39917-how-to-unbrick/

As battery welded to the motherboard with three cables, which one ? How to proceed?

Ths in advance..

·
Registered
125 Posts
It happened to me the same..
As explained here..

http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/39917-how-to-unbrick/

As battery welded to the motherboard with three cables, which one ? How to proceed?

Ths in advance..
Found the recovery for computer connection successfully.

A phone repair technician disconnected black cable and made forced discharged and recharged and reconnected battery black cable.

Computer recognized as hardware..

Flashed/ restored with the only working update image (used before success) by the Rkchipbatch tool and ended up failure and no boot up and caused brick again.

Need the same procedure again but no img is flash-able successfully. Something (software wise) inside is damaged I think.....

I do not know what to do..

I want to know one thing.
When connected to computer in flash mode of RKbatchtool I see Blue color in the connected devices nr 1 box instead green before..
What is the meaning of this blue color ?
Because if starts this way It ends up failure. Even restore or upgrade button is applied..

·
Registered
1 Posts

Tablet Teclast P85 Dual 3066 would not Boot or Charge

I bought my tablet, two week ago. Yesterday, after using the tablet for about two hours, I had to leave and I left tablet ON. When I returned 10 hours later, I tried to use the tablet and found that it would not boot or charge or get recognized by the PC.
What went wrong?

I remember changing the WIFI default setting to "keep WIFI ON while in sleep mode". Searching the forum for possible solution, I found that other member with the same problem.
After reviewing the forum, I decided to open the back cover, and check the battery condition. I measured the voltage and found it was zero.
In my opinion, the P85, has a design flow. It does not shutdown the system when the battery is low, disabling the ability to charge. Based on this bad experience, and to minimized this problem, you should set the WIFI OFF while in sleep mode, or leave it charging.
How to solve the problem:
  1. 1. Open the back casing, start from speaker's side using the corner tips.
  2. 2. Locate the battery wires (red, black, and white). Using an X-Acto Knife, peel off 1/8" of insulation from the black and red wires only . Do this one at a time, to avoid a short circuit.
  3. 3. With a multi tester, measure the voltage across the two wires, it should be very low ( in my case was zero ) If this is the condition, you only need to charge the battery to solve the problem.
  4. 4. The easiest way for me, was to attach two mini alligator clips to the peeled wires, and connect its ends to the supplied charger. ( I cut off the wires and peeled the ends of my charger).
  5. 5. Let it charge at least for one hour, remove the alligator clips, and cover the small area with electric tape.
  6. 6. Power ON your tablet.
I hope this information is helpful.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Tnx Gunner this is very helpful, although I hope it will be rarely used.

·
Registered
7 Posts

Hi!

I just did something similar to my P85HD tablet (I flashed the wrong firmware) and it won't boot. I was contemplating trying this method. A few questions:

-Did you need any special tools to detach the battery or tinker with the insides?
-How did you put it back together? Did you need any kind of sealant or will it just snap back together?
-How did the tablet work after putting it back together? Does it feel loose? Screen is ok?

Looking forward to what you have to say. Thanks!

·
Registered
186 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys.
I have a P85HD stuck in bootanimation. I tried to boot to recovery with the vol buttons but no combination seems to work.
Also tried reset button twice, still stuck. Removed the back casing and to my luck, found that the battery is welded, not clipped
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
186 Posts
well,
next step to be is to solder the bat out and resolder after 15 min.

Good luck

1 - 17 of 17 Posts