Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
I don't know if this will be of any use to anyone but here is a apk lister/installer/uninstaller batch script to help automate.1. extract the .bat file2. place it in the same folder as the adb.exe and execute it ( /"your path to sdk"/tools/ )You aren't forced to use this automation script but if you do I'm not responsible for your device. I've been using the script for a few hours now without any major problems.batch file updated to version 1.2.1 8/12/2010
  • New/fixed features in this version:
  • You can now specify your own folder to pull from (on the device)
  • You can now specify your own destination folder for the pulled file on your computer (like your desktop)
  • fixed some typos.
batch file updated to version 1.2.2 8/12/10
  • New/fixed features in this version:
  • Batch file can now display android ID's for 1.x and 2.x devices
batch file updated to version 1.3 8/12/10
  • you can push a bootanimation.zip from any specified folder to /data/local
  • you can push a bootanimation.zip from any specified local folder to any user specified remote folder (and be used for devices other than the pdn)

·
Registered
666 Posts
don't work for mechoice is unknown command, did you test this?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote name='nchntrman;33099]don't work for mechoice is unknown command' date=' did you test this?[/QUOTE']"I've been using the script for a few hours now without any major problems." lol, sorry it didn't meet your approval.

·
Registered
666 Posts
much better, listing app in data dir works, system dir gives error and exits. Other wise its much less typing that without.Fixed: minor tweak you called listappsystem not listappssystemWorks great now, I love it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
batch file updated to version 1.2New/fixed features in this version:You can now specify your own folder to pull from (on the device)You can now specify your own destination folder for the pulled file on your computer (like your desktop)file is in the first post.

·
Registered
846 Posts
oneglory.. thanks for updating.. I did notice a problem..If I try to List Apps in /system/app folder, program exits... so.. for instance.. select 1-1-1 and it does a premature exit.I am running Win 7 64 bit.. I trid running as admin and without.. same result both ways.Less important, but I also noticed.. on first screen, you say choose 1-6 and there are only 5 choices..!!EDIT.. looks like a spelling error in the name of the routine appssystem.. missing "s"

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
[quote name='davidr;35773]oneglory.. thanks for updating.. I did notice a problem..If I try to List Apps in /system/app folder' date=' program exits... so.. for instance.. select 1-1-1 and it does a premature exit.I am running Win 7 64 bit.. I trid running as admin and without.. same result both ways.Less important, but I also noticed.. on first screen, you say choose 1-6 and there are only 5 choices..!!EDIT.. looks like a spelling error in the name of the routine appssystem.. missing "s"[/QUOTE'] thank you, I've fixed the typos.see the problem is I only seem to want to do this kinda stuff when I'm dead tired...I guess that's what happens.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
You'll be sorry for asking for suggestions :)A few people asked for a "minimal working market". So, to do that, delete everything that Google experience installs, except:/system/app/Vending.apk/system/app/GoogleApps.apk/system/app/GoogleCheckin.apk/system/app/SetupWizard.apk/system/app/TalkProvider.apk/system/app/gtalkservice.apk/system/etc/permissions/com.google.android.datamessaging.xml/system/etc/permissions/com.google.android.gtalkservice.xml/system/framework/com.google.android.datamessaging.jar (often absent, seems works without it)/system/framework/com.google.android.gtalkservice.jar/system/lib/libgtalk_jni.soSo mostly you'd be deleting some apk's in /system/app/. Gmail, Contacts*,Maps,Streets (Streetview for Maps),Calendar*.....anything not on that list that is part of Google Experience.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
some one test 1.3 for me...I don't have my USB cord with me today.batch file updated to version 1.3 8/12/10
  • you can push a bootanimation.zip from any specified folder to /data/local
  • you can push a bootanimation.zip from any specified local folder to any user specified remote folder (and be used for devices other than the pdn)
new file in the first post.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.