Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it boggles my mind how something can be so messed up out of the box? now don't get me wrong i wasn't expecting big things from a $150 device, i just wanted something i can use while laying in bed or sitting on the couch. at first glance i really liked the unit, but buttons on the back? really? who sat down and decided that this was a good place for buttons, probably the most used buttons on the device. o-well ill get used to that i said to my self after all it was only $150. the next thing i did was to put all the apps i find so convenient on my droid onto this device... an rss reader, Facebook, twitter weather, launcher pro etc.... wtf? why wont anything download? ill check there website i said to myself, cool they have an update ill check that out. nope nothing, i must be missing something. so i call there customer service, it'll be out by 5:00 they tell me, ok i said thank you. 5:00 nothing, 6:00 nothing, ill call again. Tuesday maybe they tell me, ugh. forget it ill just return it, its not worth the head ache. so now im here trying to get my google login off the device................... ahhhhhhhhh another thing it cant do!!!!! didn't anybody at there company try this thing before putting it to market??????? how can a company be so sloppy??????

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes they definitely hurried it out the door. It looks like they imported them from China and did not take the time to actually check the product themselves. It seems to me maybe the sales and marketing team were in a hurry to beat others to the market here.However the hardware is good for the price and I think it will be a good cheap unit once the bugs are worked out. I don't care if it takes the community here to do it. Hopefully though the company will keep updating and supporting it.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
I'm a bit underwhelmed, as well - just too many things to make it unusable (the potrait mode issues and the apps that don't fill the entire screen being the big ones). It beats the PDN with video playback speed and the added case, but that's about it.Given that we are about to see a massive push for Android tablet in the next few months, this thing might just get thrown by the wayside unless these bugs are fixed and / or the hacking community makes a better ROM for it.

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
My guess 90-120 days from now this will be a much better device. I don't care where the physical buttons are I want icons for those functions on the task bar. I'm tapping and touching the screen I want to use the screen not stop put the stylus in the other hand , press a button grab the stylus again and continue working.It's like the way a touch typist hates a missing keyboard shortcut. You have to stop typing and grab the mouse.There are times I use the buttons but it's about 80-20 for on screen vs physical. YMMVDev's have already started digging into this device. This soon after release the status is changing hourly.Just give some time.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
You have very little in the device. Be patient, or ditch it now and don't look back. Trust me, we with the PDN did the same thing. The similarities here are uncanny, and take note of the many, many satisfied pdn owners on here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.