home-desktop-clean.png

samba-network-confGUI-chrome-gpu-conky.p

- SAMBA, All-most Full Chrome Support, Conky-Stats! -

metalslug-retrogames-chrome.png

- MetalSlug and other Retro Consoles at full speed and HW Accelerated! -

ios-support.png

- Now supports managing all your iOS Devices!! -

pyload-phpsysinfo-mediatomb-dwww-darksta

- pyLoad downloads from hosts like Rapidshare- MediaTomb Media Server - Local Entire System Manual - SysInfo & NetTraffic Stats! -

alternatives-NTFS-USBCam-Bootup-Router-S

- Graphical menus to configure and setup anything on system including your router with greatest of ease!! -

-Examples: App Alternatives-NTFS Win Partitions-WebCam-OnBoot Services-ROUTER-SAMBA-Reconfigure Any Package-Audio-

Screenshots graciously hosted by Arctablet.com click to visit.
For more full size screenshots click anywhere on this text.

UPLOAD COMPLETE!

On the desktop

- Net Manager (WITH scanning) ~ XBMC ~ Chromium (flash/gpu acceleration!) ~ Local SAMBA Network ~ Quake3 ~ GLTron ~ Playstation Emulator ~ mySQL manager ~ Joomla 3.1 -

Accessories:
- Application Finder
- Archive Manager
- Calculator
- Catfish File Search
- Guake (Drop from Above Command Line Terminal)
- Leafpad
- Notes
- Xfburn
- Simple Scan: Doc scanner application

Development Tools:
-BlueFish
-Debian Package Viewer
-Meld (Compare files side by side easily displaying difference. GREAT for log files!)
-Geany
-Python v2.7
-Python v3.2
-Qt Creator (Qt4)

Games:
-Solitaire (Chrome App)
-Angry Birds (Chrome App)
-PacMan! (Chrome App)
-MetalSlug! (Chrome App)
-Old Retro Console Games! (Chrome App)
-isoball3 (Chrome App)
-DOSbox
-Mines
-Sudoku

GLES/SDL/EGL Applications:
-XBMC! HW Accelerated but still NO HW DECODING (See F.A.Q at bottum)
-ioquake3 (with free demo files, replace with your own original Quake3 CD files for full fledged game!) PS3 CONTROLLER SUPPORTED
-GLTron
-PCSX_rearmed (Playstation Emulator: The emulator can work without bios but works best with oringial PSX bios. You will need your own bios image and your own games!)PS3 CONTROLLER SUPPORTED
-More to come as they applications are ported/newely created!

Graphics:
-Doc Viewer
-GIMP
-ImageMagick
-GPixPod (Manage Photos from iOS Device!
-SimpleScan
-GThumb
-Ristretto Picture Viewer

Web Browsing:
- Firefox (Using GNASH for FLASH)
- Chromium Web Browser (currently default browser because of speed, performance, and acceleration using GPU.)
Chromium is also pre-setup with Anti-Analytics and Anti-tracking so you have a cleaner, faster web experience. Perminantly hide ANY element causing annoyance or simply uneeded from website to optimize each website to your preference. Right mouse click any element to instantly select "hide element" POOF gone :)
MANY Chromium Apps Working Amazingly! Retro Games and Angry Birds tested!

E-mail/Messaging:
-Mozilla Thunderbird
-XChat IRC Client: Automatically connects to home://io free support!
-Ekiga VOIP Software Phone
-Pidgin (IM Chat messaging clients supporting all IM services)

Transfering/Downloading:
- FatRat (Download manager/accelerator)
- FileZila (FTP/SFTP Client)
- iTransmission, uGet, VUZE, BitStorm Lite (P2P Downloading clients)

Remote Desktop/Sharing/Connecting:
- X11VNC remote desktop server
- OpenSSH-Server
- Complete SAMBA Support with easy configuration of new shared folders!
- NFS support and NTFS Mounting Support!

Multimedia:
-XBMC! (Also with XBMC is many Add-ons to immediately start watching great content)
-Full Flash Support in Chromium when launched from Dock or Desktop Only, do not use menu item.
-Camera Monitor (Notification upon USB Cam Connect!)
-GMusic Browser
-GTKPod (Manage Music on iOS device, iPod)
-gUVCview (for webcams)
-WinFF (Use FFMpeg to convert to and from any encoding)
-Pulseaudio Preference and Settings GUIs
-MediaTomb (Simple Fast DLNA Media Server!)
-MPlayer2 (SMplayer is frontend)
-Parole
-RythmBox
-Sound Converter
-VLC
-xfburn

Office:
-AbiWord
-Dictionary
-Doc Viewer
-Orage Callendar and Time/Date Tools
-Libre Office : This is NOT included this time but can be installed by running "sudo apt-get install libreoffice" AbiWords works for most office document types.

Installation/Setup:
-Requirements: RK3066 Device, Olegk0 Kernel with Mali support, SD card with at least 8Gb free space (Image is 5Gb uncompressed, and 2Gb compressed) homeio_rc1.tar.gz file from one of the following servers:

* homeio_rc1.tar.gz File is ONLINE so start your downloads! *​

There are two sets of links. The first are links to the mirror directory in your country where you can find the file homeio_rc1.tar.gz after it has been uploaded and the second set of links are direct links (not up yet until file uploads, check directory links if impatient and I'm still sleeping) to the file to begin downloading immediately. The links to the mirrored directory also have an MD5-SUM.txt file to check file integrity but I will post it here as well when I next update this post.

To use the EASY Windows Method download this file: [Windows Image Provided by Emil]
For WINDOWS only IMG file you will also need this application: [Win32DiskImager]
I am unsure if the IMG file is inside the RAR file (in that case you'll need a WinRAR/WinZip program) or if the RAR file is read by Win32DiskImager. Will Update once known.

Files for installing to SD using Linux:

Mirrored Directories:

[EU] Download homeio_rc1.tar.gz
[USA] Download homeio_rc1.tar.gz
[USA2] Download homeio_rc1.tar.gz
[ASIA] Download homeio_rc1.tar.gz

Direct Links to file: [EU]-[USA]-[USA2]-[ASIA]

MD5-SUM:21889d97ace2fa6ebd9d4f42386fce73 <-------homeio_rc1.tar.gz

-Installation: Follow the instructions from Olegk0 here to setup your device with Olegk0's kernel and make it ready for the SD card image, you do NOT need to follow the instructions telling you to add the mod+fw files STOP once you get to the part where Olegk0 says "pick your favorite rootfs and put on SD card" this is where you use my provided homeio_rc1.tar.gz. If you need further instructions on how to prepare your SD card please follow ONLY steps 2 and 3 where it says Option II.a from THIS link. If you do NOT have a rooted Android System then also follow the steps in the previous link to getting Finless BOB Rom as well and if you have Olegk0 kernel ALL READY flashed to the device than JUST follow step 2/ II.a.

Other kernels and devices have been reported working but these instructions are only garunteed on MK808 and until I track down exactly which devices and which kernels have been used I am only listing Olegk0 Kernel as "tested/approved" for the time being. More will be added to this topic at later date.

If you all ready have a device setup and running a previous Linux system or at least have Olegk0 kernel flashed you can skip all the pre-setup steps and simply untar the tarball in root dir of storage device/SD.

BE SURE when you are untaring the homeio_rc1.tar.gz file that you have first logged in as root on the terminal or begin command with sudo, you MUST use root privledges to untar correctly. Here is list of switches: x-extract,v-verbose,-z-gzip format,-p MOST IMPORTANT, this preserved correct permissions, and finally last is -f which points to the file to untar. All together it looks like this:

tar -xvzpf homeio_rc1.tar.gz /media/linuxroot

Replace /media/linuxroot with the mount location of your linuxroot partitioned SD card OR simply copy homeio_rc1.tar.gz TO the sd card and untar from command line, double check tar options.

-Users and Passwords: CHANGE IMMEDIATELY! (dont hesitate to ask how if you are uncertain)
-root password: 12qwaszx
-picuntu password: 12qwaszx
-MySQL User: root PW: 12qwaszx
-phpMyAdmin User: admin PW: 12qwaszx
-Mediatomb User: mediatomb PW: mediatomb
-Any other passwords are all 12qwaszx

- Network Connections, the easy way! -

Network-config-live-support-community.pn

Take a quick glance at the above screenshot. These are the steps that correspond with the screenshot. The very first step before any configuration happens is to dbl-click the icon on the desktop that is labeled "Network Connections" and looks like Two Mac's linked together. Currently you must launch this icon every time you log-in but a scripted fix is coming. This was the only drawback I found using this method but everyone needed super easy config of network so here it is!

1: After double clicking the "Network Connections" icon on the desktop a terminal window will open asking for password. Enter 12qwaszx the default password and then WPA_GUI will launch. After the Network Config window launches it is safe to close the terminal window at any time.

2: This window that has just popped up should be mostly blank not filled in like in screenshot) because we haven't added any networks. Click Scan next to the Connect and Disconnect buttons. This will open another window to begin scanning.

3: The scanning window will be blank when it opens until you press the Scan button on this new window next to the close button.

4: Double Click on your desired network and a configuration window will pop up allowing you to enter in details about connection.

5: Enter your password/passphrase/passkey depending on security type (security type is automatically discovered) and then optionally set IDString and Priority. If you have several or connect to several network connections through out the day, you will want to use IDString and Priority so when leaving one connections range your device will automatically roam to another known network using wpa_roam. If you only ever use one router this is optional! The higher the number you give for priority will determine which is picked first. Higher number is first.

6: Still looking at the same window with network details go ahead and press "add" at the bottum of the window. This will add the network to your configuration but we are NOT done YET! You will need to SAVE your configuration!

7: Now you should be looking at the first window that popped up after you entered your password. Click the Menu Item File and then Save or just hold ctrl and press s (ctrl+s). This will save the network connection you just configured!

KEEP IN MIND: Even though you've configured the network and saved this configuration you will still need to double click the "Network Connections" icon on desktop every time you log-in until I can generate a script that will "patch" things up. After networks have been configured you only need to double click the icon and enter your password, then it will automatically connect to your saved networks as well as notify you when you lose range, disconnect, or switch to another network! Remember to add more networks just repeat these steps!

That's it, YOU'RE DONE! Now go have some fun!

happy.gif
Forgot to mention also has 512MB Swap file! This system is pre-setup to cache DNS requests as well to optimize network traffic using dnsmasq and Chromium is preset for privacy! Ditch those analytics and tracking cookies, enter a faster cleaner web. Block any element with a click of the right mouse button...ALSO AUTOMATIC BLOCK MIDDLE MAN ATTACKS and alerts using ArpAlert. Anyone tries getting between you and your router ArpAlert will detect, block, and notify
happy.gif

The BIG yellow X down on the Cairo dock (or launching Xchat from internet application menu) Connects you directly to my IRC home://io community and support!

(THE IRC CHAT IS NO LONGER BEING PROVIDED)

---If you wish to connect to my IRC server using a machine other than the ARM unit the server is: gminitv.no-ip.org/6667

- Great way to get started learning Linux or just learning more! -

info-quickstart.png

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
File should be up on main server and every hour or so it is mirrored to the other servers, enjoy and let me know your thoughts!

If the file is not on the server you chose, try another, or wait longer. The upload finished just a couple hours ago.

REMEMBER NEW FILE NAME: homeio.tar.gz

·
Registered
61 Posts
For Windows Users:

IMG version available at:

http://www.teamsupp.co.uk/picuntu/

Please note all the credit belongs to JustTime4Tea for his development. I used a 8 GB SD Card to create the image, hence you will need an 8GB or greater card to be able to burn the image.
Please download Win32DiskImager (http://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/) and burn the image to your card.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
In about 35 minutes the IMG version will be also available. Thanks for the great work Justin. Did not have time to check it out properly, however the quick test says it is VERY promising. Too bad we still do not have HW decoding for Video
. I will edit the post with the IMG file as soon as it is up.
I have included just ONE Video file for testing video it is in the "Videos" folder on your desktop. The file is BigBuckBunny which was made by the free open source software "Blender"! This is a great test file and has been used by lots of people for a long time! If you open up Chromium and look at the bookmakrbar there is a link titled "Video Test Files" this is a link to Big Buck Bunny download section that has the video in many formats and many resolutions/sizes. I tested the included video and it ran perfect both in small and big screen. The resolution isn't that big on the test file because I wanted to keep size down on the image but feel free to download a couple more Video Test Files and test away!

XBMC ALSO has addons allready installed inside it that allow you to watch some really great content. Not ALL the addons work because they scrape websites and websites change all the time so they can break on occasion. I will be putting up steps to "refresh" your XBMC incase more addons start breaking, this is common on all devices I've ran XBMC. Neccesary evil

If you get the chance , let me know how the video testing goes, so far i've tested VLC, MPlayer and Parole. Several video players will show the video with skewed image looking like its destorted BUT whne you hit full screen it plays fine. Also SMPlayer (Frontend for Mplayer) seems to play video files fine (the SMplayer window is black until you move the window a little just move the window by deragging on title bar of SMplayer) Also if you hit the "f" key while using SMPlayer it will go full screen which also works wonderfully.

VLC does not currently play sound and I'm looking into why (could be the format I chose to download Test Video in, will try other formats.) If you resize VLC you will notice the video turns green with bunch of lines and is all distorted. To fix you must either resize perfectly or just quit VLC and re-open VLC. Fullscreen works great in VLC
x264 encoded .mp4 video files work beautifully in VLC in Full Screen mode OR window mode. For full screen be sure to hit the button that hides the controls or else you will get a squewed weird green looking video. Has to maintain aspect so drop controls use keyboard shortcuts or mind the messed up video during controlling.

This is awesome that we can watch some pretty good quality video files using VLC and these little devices.

For sound to work first open VLC and then select menu items Tools->Preferences->Audio and then make sure Output Module is set to ALSA and the Device is set to PulseAudio Sound Server. Hit save button and exit/re-open VLC and enjoy! (Emil also has mentioned setting the device to some of the HDMI RKCHIP options also works, always close and re-open VLC)

A shortcut to Preferences in VLC is Ctrl+P

Parole and XBMC work the best so far for playing video. Parole allows you to resize video and NO distortion takes place, Full screen works beautifully, Sound also works fine. You can run XBMC either as a User logged into XFCE OR you can loggout and choose XBMC as your desktop and login directly to XBMC. When you do log straight into XBMC to logout hit XBMC powers button and click "exit" Sometimes this will not bring you back to login but re-login to XBMC, simply restart to get back to LightDM Greeter and change your session from XBMC to XFCE. DO NOT setup "Autologin" if you are ever going to "log in" to XBMC as your session and ont run XFCE4 . If you set Autologin you may get "stuck" in XBMC and then have to use some terminal magic to "undo" autologin so you aren't stuck in XBMC. This happens if you turn Autologin on and Login to XBMC as a session and not run it as a program. When exiting XBMC you login back to XBMC and restarting will Autologin to XBMC so... no autologin+xbmc please! If this DOES happen to you don't worry it's "EASY" but I will have to walk some "lesser knowldged" users through the process. (No biggy, gladly help)

Starting to test higher resolution videos now on all media players.

Have fun guys and check the original post for changes over the next few days as I outline and detail the release more!

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sometimes the Panel bar gets stuck and does not autohide. Simple to fix. Left click on Panel then Left click on background(desktop) and the panel should autohide again. If not try Right Clicking on the panel then left clicking on blank spot of panel then left click desktop. Not sure whats going on here but it only happens seldomly and easily to return to autohide status.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This message I took from BigBuckBunny download section and might explain the issues we are having with VLC and sound.

-----
MOV H264 video, AAC surround sound - Apple Quicktime Compatible. (has audio playback problems with VLC and possibly other non-QT players on stereo systems; VLC users should choose one of the other formats)
-----

·
Registered
61 Posts
This message I took from BigBuckBunny download section and might explain the issues we are having with VLC and sound.

-----
MOV H264 video, AAC surround sound - Apple Quicktime Compatible. (has audio playback problems with VLC and possibly other non-QT players on stereo systems; VLC users should choose one of the other formats)
-----
I have managed to have sound in VLC with the test video. First set the audio to HDMI output instead of default. Close VLC, then open the movie again. And voila, sound is ON.

Also just tried a 1080p MKV with VLC => CPU usage 100% no image and no sound.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Just received a weird message at the top of "thepiratebay" that mentioned something about HTTPS SSL and security. The message pops up over a youtube video ThePirateBay as embedded on the top of there page so of course when visiting youtube I get a similar message. I have yet to see this message on any other website though. I did a little research into it and this is what I found:

Website is encrypted with 128-bit encryption.
However, this page includes other resources which are not secure.
These resources can be viewed by others while in transit, and con be
modified by an attacker to change the behavior of the page.
also someone responding from chrome said this:

We made changes in recent Chrome releases which warn users in this
way. It *is* insecure to be loading some resources with SSL and some
without. We strongly recommend against it, and all Chrome users who
visit your site will see the same warnings.
To me this sounds like the website IS being encrypted but some "resources" or items on the website are located on servers that either do not support SSL or there is an issue communicating securely with these "resources". I wouldn't worry to much about this issue it seems like it will either resolve itself or is a web server issue not on our side. If anyone else has any other information regarding this please let us know! Will be keeping this on my "keep an eye on these things" list.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
I have managed to have sound in VLC with the test video. First set the audio to HDMI output instead of default. Close VLC, then open the movie again. And voila, sound is ON.

Also just tried a 1080p MKV with VLC => CPU usage 100% no image and no sound.
I hate mkv files. Like absolutely hate them
Even on my Android using XBMC with full HW acceleration MKV files are choppy at best and un-watchable at worst. I am not sure why this is the case but I will see if I can resolve this issue on the Linux side of things. So far AVI, MP4, and other formats aside from MKV seem to be fine. We still do not have HW Decoding so this is probably an issue with decoding the MKV file.

I have included a video conversion software that supposedly converts any format to any other format! This app is called WinFF and is located in the Applications->Multimedia menu.

ALSO MKV has a TON of extra "meta" data, alternative subtitles, built in subtitles, and things other formats do not have so it is a nice choice when you CAN watch them with a "HW Accel decode" setup. Without HW Decode I imagine the fact MKV files are stuffed full of extra stuff or the potential to be crammed with extra stuff makes it "harder" to decode or at least takes more resources. I personally have never used MKV and stay away from them for the most part. I want my video file to only include TWO things... Audio and Video
Will continue testing though and trying to find the "root" of MKV issue, I'm assuming it will be the same issue that is causing sub-optimal performance on other platforms as well including Android.

This is taken from DivX Website:
MKV:

MKV is a flexible, open standard video file format that has quickly become the preferred file extension for high definition video on the Internet. The MKV container can include video, audio, and features such as alternate audio tracks, multilingual subtitles and chapter points, as well as rich metadata including cover art, ratings, descriptions and more. MKV offers a richer media experience than any other current format, and that's why we chose it as the file container for DivX Plus® video.
I think the "alternate audo tracks, multilingual subtitles and chapter points, and rich metadata cover art, ratings etc.." is the cause of "choppy" or sub-optimal decoding. Cant we just have video files that contain JUST video and audio? I have other services that search out metadata and "extra" stuff if needed, I can see how a "high end" computer with lots of HW Accel decoding and resources could decode this video fine but I see a lot of "lower end" devices like mobile devices and other Android devices that struggle with this encoding.

_EDIT_ I just thought of an alternative way to viewing MKV files... If you have a regular PC at home you can store the MKV files on the regular PC and use some form of DLNA or UPNP media server (such as Plex Media Server) with the use of the standard PC and a Media server the media server can "transcode" the MKV file into a "better suited" format that the MK808 can view. XBMC on the MK808 can connect to DLNA and UPNP servers and these servers are a SINCH and really simple to setup. I have used Plex in the past with great performance. Just an idea
If people would like to take advantage of their main PC's as a "middle man" to transcode videos into better formats I can help with the setup and would be willing to write a "how-to" or in the meantime find one for everyone that makes sense.

-Thanks for the early feedback! First day release and we all ready have some good input! Way to go Emil!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi Justin.
Ok so before I call the day of for today, I will like to leave some quick feedback about this new release:

1) Very nice and smooth release overall.
2) Easy to set up all automated process are working as they should (almost) so out of the box system
3) SD Video playback is flawless trough XBMC, however I found couple of AVI files which just killed XBMC without any reason.
4) HD (x264) as we knew it is not really working since there is no HW Video decoding.
5) For those who want to play Facebook games - Buy a real computer, even with full Flash support, this is not for this small device
6) I still think using Youtube app from Android is smoother then Linux version.
7) One small bug or maybe it is only my system. I have a 500 GB HDD attached to the device, it is auto-mounted, but when I open it I cannot see anything on it. So have to unmount than manually mount it, than it is fine.

In a world: Very nice release.

Emil

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, Firstly THANK YOU!!. This is an amazing singular effort to pull so much together into one package. So thank you again for this.

I have MK808 with Oleg's kernel (just flashed the recovery.img but nothing else from the instructions) and of course your rootfs. On boot it just seems to hang on 'apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.1.1 for ServerName'.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I hate mkv files. Like absolutely hate them
Even on my Android using XBMC with full HW acceleration MKV files are choppy at best and un-watchable at worst. I am not sure why this is the case but I will see if I can resolve this issue on the Linux side of things. So far AVI, MP4, and other formats aside from MKV seem to be fine. We still do not have HW Decoding so this is probably an issue with decoding the MKV file.

I have included a video conversion software that supposedly converts any format to any other format! This app is called WinFF and is located in the Applications->Multimedia menu.

ALSO MKV has a TON of extra "meta" data, alternative subtitles, built in subtitles, and things other formats do not have so it is a nice choice when you CAN watch them with a "HW Accel decode" setup. Without HW Decode I imagine the fact MKV files are stuffed full of extra stuff or the potential to be crammed with extra stuff makes it "harder" to decode or at least takes more resources. I personally have never used MKV and stay away from them for the most part. I want my video file to only include TWO things... Audio and Video
Will continue testing though and trying to find the "root" of MKV issue, I'm assuming it will be the same issue that is causing sub-optimal performance on other platforms as well including Android.

This is taken from DivX Website:

I think the "alternate audo tracks, multilingual subtitles and chapter points, and rich metadata cover art, ratings etc.." is the cause of "choppy" or sub-optimal decoding. Cant we just have video files that contain JUST video and audio? I have other services that search out metadata and "extra" stuff if needed, I can see how a "high end" computer with lots of HW Accel decoding and resources could decode this video fine but I see a lot of "lower end" devices like mobile devices and other Android devices that struggle with this encoding.
Don't get me wrong, but I have nothing against MKV's some times they are very convenient, plus like said, it is the wider format available. Now our "lower end" device plays those MKV files perfectly without even heating up, in Android with MX player. So HW wise we have what we need, just too bad not everything is Open Source to be used in Linux as well, but let's hope one day we will get there as well.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi, Firstly THANK YOU!!. This is an amazing singular effort to pull so much together into one package. So thank you again for this.

I have MK808 with Oleg's kernel (just flashed the recovery.img but nothing else from the instructions) and of course your rootfs. On boot it just seems to hang on 'apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.1.1 for ServerName'.

Any thoughts?
Goto Application Menu->Accesories->Log Viewer and search through your dmesg and syslog for what may be the issue. I boot up in around 30-45Seconds and a complete reboot takes about 1min total to shutdown and restart system.

Every install ive had of Apache (even on x86) has had same message. I do not think this message is the cause allthough I can see how that would "make sense" because the output stops at the display of that message. I think whatever is happening AFTER that message is probably the cause. Check the logs and use the easy search functions to find "Apache" and look below that message to see if there are any other info that may shine light on the situation.

Other than the hang-on-boot does everything boot and run aside from that?

If you susspect a certain service or application is the "cause" of this hang you can goto Applications Menu->Settings->Boot Up Manager and whichever service/app you think may be causeing issue you can disable using Boot Up Manager then reboot to see if this changes anything. Only disable ONE service/app at a time and reboot. Check log files. All logs files are stored in /var/log BUT the log viewer should automatically show that directory when opening the log viewer and clicking "Open file"

Thanks for the feedback so soon and good luck!

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Can someone do me a favor a test out the Xchat community app I included? I am logged in at all times on my main x86 PC and am now currently online with my lapdock as well (I use my lapdock foreverything running this release and rarely if ever actually use any other pc as of late
)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Can someone do me a favor a test out the Xchat community app I included? I am logged in at all times on my main x86 PC and am now currently online with my lapdock as well (I use my lapdock foreverything running this release and rarely if ever actually use any other pc as of late
)
I'm on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Trying to join with Filezilla chatzilla on my normal Pc and it even scans the right channel but I cant connect.

Always getting: Invalid IRC URL "irc://gminitv.no-ip.org/#home://io".

Sorry just mixed up the names, of course I used a irc-client, with filezilla it would be quite difficult
Yeah when I connected I used an other client to test it and came into the channel, but I wasnt able to see any Information about me or other users. (don't know if this is a client problem)
I'll join tomorrow again. It's already 2 AM here-.-'

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Trying to join with Filezilla on my normal Pc and it even scans the right channel but I cant connect.

Always getting: Invalid IRC URL "irc://gminitv.no-ip.org/#home://io".
IRC is an Internet Relay Chat system? Can't remember the exact meaning for IRC. I did just see you pop in for a minute but I hadn't noticed till I checked again because I don't have notifications or sounds setup (doing that now) I am out on my back deck on my lapdock and didn't hear the sound in my lab but feel free to come back and chat lol

The feature in FileZilla for IRC URL is not for connecting to chat it is for downloading a file from a link from someone chat. If I were to post a link inside the IRC Chat room you'd take THAT link and copy it and put in in filezilla. I am not uploading or sending any files from IRC Chat it is just for connecting with other users for info or to talk about tech there aren't any files. The IRC Server is just my Motorola Android Droid Original phone running the application Servers Ultimate Pro. There are no "ops" or "mods" every single user is on equal permissions and equal ground no banning or "power" users. There also isn't any extra features but it is a super quick way to connect with me and other users to ask questions or just join in on the "up-to-the-minute" developing. While I test and develop using my lapdock I will be logged in at all times awaiting/creating the fun! Eventually will post live feed on homepage to the IRC and can post up-to-the-minute updates on website reflecting what is discussed in community/dev chat.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for the response. It doesn't get passed that point and I've given it a good 10 minutes just to be sure.
Odd.. seems to be a case specific sympton. Did you check the md5 of the downloaded file? Which server did you download from? Did you use the -p in tar -xvzpf when unpacking the tar-file? Did you unpack as root? Did you immediately umount the SD card after unpacking or did you wait at least 10 minutes for the system to finish syncing cache to physical? its good to wait 5-10 minutes after unpacking to allow computer to store any remaining info in cache to the SD. Install the app nmon and from a terminal just type nmon and press D for disk monitoring. This will show you read and write actions happening to the "sdb" volume. Whatever your SD card volume is "sdb1' or 'sdc1' will show activity until its done done. Also this will clue you in on the actual read write speed of the sd card and your system
If you are unpacking the tar-file by copying it to the device and unpacking remember that the device must read from the device then to the device so if the speeds you see in nmon look somewhat "low" its because its doing both actions. When just reading or just writing it will be faster. So during use the read speeds will be faster than shown in nmon.

All else fails download the Windows IMG file gratefully provided by borconi and use DiskImage or whichever Windows IMG flashing tool that works for you (im not familiar with windows img tools) and it should be as easy as "choose homeio.img" and click "flash to SD card"

-Good luck, best regards!

1 - 20 of 338 Posts