Android Tablets Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
I take it that ours is an initramfs device? Being so, this guide would not work.

I have found a completely unrelated device tree here on Github, but it may contain what you are looking for. (source found in this thread on XDA)

On second thought, I also found something built from samsung kernel sources + teamhacksung initramfs template found here that may help....

Overall (and I am sure you have seen this) I found this thread here on SlateDroid very interesting!

**Edit** Oh, and whilst I am throwing links at you, I just found this one that I think applies to the above.
You are right on the first link, and I am to tired to read the rest now. Been working on a new rom and finishing it up.

·
Registered
22 Posts
You are right on the first link, and I am to tired to read the rest now. Been working on a new rom and finishing it up.
No worries there. Just have a read when you get a second and let me know if I am even remotely on track. I am a noob java developer (and I do mean Noob) but have a good feel for android/recovery/rom/root terminology and use.

Let me know what I can do to help.

·
Registered
239 Posts
LOL yeah the JB thing popped in my head too...

I will have a look at those sites in more depth later, even if those devices arent related at all,
there might be something useful in there.

Not that it might get us somewhere, but just being able to play with the initramfs would be useful to me.

Or was... anyways.

I wish I knew what I was doing

DW

·
Registered
22 Posts

I will have a look at those sites in more depth later, even if those devices arent related at all,

Not that it might get us somewhere, but just being able to play with the initramfs would be useful to me.

Or was... anyways.

DW
Haha for sure. I was thinking the same thing on the unrelated devices. Let me know if i can test or grab anything off my tab. Also let me know if you need me to run any reports through elixir2 etc.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
well, I doubt I'll need you to run anything through elixir2, since I don't have a clue what that is.
Don't expect much from me really, I'm just a god damn noob.

If I ever figure anything out, I'll post it.

DW

·
Zenithink Tablet User / Information Transmitter
6,629 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts

Or was... anyways.

DW
Here: the recovery and initramfs from the C91 (no upgrade).
Yours should be very similar, therefore it is probably good for learning about it.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/57716034/ZT280-initramfs.tar.gz

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've been able to dump the boot.img recovery.img system and data partition from my c91, please contact me i'm building an recovery in my spare time and i could use some help. Beside that how were you able to acces u-boot? If we can acces the actual bootloader we could do so much more

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.