Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hello all,Been having some fun with the Aldiko Reader app lately,just wanted to pass along two good e-books I was glad to have found...First is a book called Tirant lo Blanc,written by an actual knight, Johanot Martorell, in the year 1490.It was the favorite book of Miguel de Cervantes, author of my favorite book Don Quixote,Cervantes called it the greatest book ever written, it has been called his inspiration,and even has mention in the Don Quixote book.Second is a book called Futility, written by Morgan Robertson, in the year 1898,14 years before the sinking of the Titanic,which is significant because of the similarities between the book and the actual disaster.Futility is about a shipwreck, the largest ship of it's kind, thought to be unsinkable, hits an iceberg, but the similarities don't end there, the ship in the book and the Titanic both sank in the Northern Atlantic, in April, the book mentions there weren't enough lifeboats for the passengers, large loss of life, size, speed, weight, even down to the number of screws was similar, most eerily in coincidence, the name of the ship in the book was... The Titan.If any of this sounds interesting to you, here is the link...http://www.4shared.com/file/RaipTirg/2_Books.htmlThe file is 7Zip, which can be opened by most zip programs, actual book files are .epub format.Enjoy.*They were distributed as free books in the public domain, no ownership nor rights are implied by me.*

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will be putting links on my profile page visitor messages, to apps and programs I've found,didn't want to clog up the forum with a bunch of those,if interested, please have a look.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I own over 2 thousand sci fi and fantasy ebooks and others if you are looking for any particular authors I could set up a fileshare for you.List of authors: ===========Adams,Douglas Adams,Robert Ahern, JerryAldiss,Brian Alexander,Lloyd Allston,Aaron Anderson,Kevin J. Anderson,Poul Anthony,Piers Anvil,Chris Applegate,K.A.Armstrong,Kelly Arthur,KeriAsaro,Cathrine Asimov,Isaac Asprin,Robert Attanasio,A.A. Bain,Darrell Banks,Iain Bardsley,Michele Barker,CliveBarnes,Arthur K. Baum,L.Frank Baxter,Stephen Beagle,Peter S. Bear,Greg Benford,GregoryBerg,Carol Bester,Alfred Betancuort,John Gregory Bishop,Anne Blake,AnitaBova,Ben Bradbury,Ray Bradley,Marion Zimmer Brennan,MarieBriggs,Patricia Brin,David Brockmann,SuzanneBrooks,Terry Brown,Mary Brunner,John Brust,Steven Bujold,Lois McMasterBull,Emma Bunch,Chris Burroughs,Edgar Rice Busby,S.M. Butcher,Jim Butler,Octavia Cadigan,Pat Caidin,Martin Caine,RachelCallander,Don Canavan,Trudi Card,Orson Scott Carey,Jacqueline Carver,Jeffrey Castaneda,Carlos Chalker,Jack I. Cherryh,C.J.Chester,Deborah Christopher,John Clarke,Arthur C. Clement,HalCook,GlenCook,Rick Cooper,Louise Cooper,Susan Crichton,Michael Dahl,RolandDaley,Brian Dalmas,John Darren Shan Davidson,Mary Janice DeCamp,I.Sprague DeChancie,John Deitz,Tom DelRey,Lester Delany,Samuel DeLint,Charles Dick,Philip K. Dickson,Gordon Dietz,William C. Donaldson,Stephen R. Douglas,L.Warren Douglass,Sara Doyle&McDonald Drake,David Duane,DianeDuncan,DaveEdding,David Elliot,Kate Ellison,Harlan Elrod,P.N.Fallon,Jennifer Farland,David Farmer,Phillip Jose Feehan,Christine Feintuch,David Feist,Raymond E. Flewelling,Lynn Flint,Eric Flint,Kenneth Foley,Gaelen Forstchen,Wiliam Forsyth, KateForward,Robert Foster,Alan Dean Frankowski,LeoFriedman,C.S.Freisner,Esther Furey,Maggie Gabaldon,Diana Gaiman,NeilGardner,Craig Shaw Garland,Mark Gear,W.Michael Gemmell,David Gentle,Mary Gerrold,David Gibson,William Goodkin,Terry Green,SharonGreen,Simon Greenberg,Martin H. Haldeman,Jack C. Haldeman Joe Hambly,BarbaraHamilton,Laurell K.Hamilton,Peter F. Hardy,Lyndon Harper,Tara K.Harris,Charlaine Harrison,HarryHarrison,KimHawke,Simon Haydon,Elizabeth Heinlein,Robert A. Hendee,J.C.&Barb. Herbert,Frank Hobb,Robin Hodgell,P.C. Hogan,James P. Howard,Robert E. Hubbard, L.Ron Ing,Dean Jacques,Brian Jones,D.F. Jones,Diana Wynne Jones,J.V. Jordan,Robert Kay, Guy GavrielKearney, PaulKenyon,Sherrilyn Kerr,Katherine Keyes,J.Gregory Knight,Angela Knight,E.F. Koontz,DeanKurtz,Kathrine Kuttner,HenryLackey,Mercedes Laumer,Keith Lawhead,StephenLazarevich,Alexander Lee&Miller Lee,TanithLeGuin,Ursula K.Leiber,FritzLeinster,Murray Lem,Stanislaw L'Engle,Madeline Lindskold,Jane Lisle,Holly Long,DuncanLongyear,BarryLowecraft,H.P.Lumley,Brian Lustbader,Eric Van MacAvoy,R.A. Martin,George R.R. May,Julian McCaffrey,Anne McDevitt,Jack McIntyre,Vonda McKillip,Patricia A. McKinley,Robin Miller,Walter M. Modesitt,L.E. Moon,Elizabeth Moorcock,Michael Murphy,C.E. Neale,DonaldNiles, DouglasNiven,Larry Norman,John Norton,Andre Novak, KatePaolini,Christopher Paterson,DerekPerry,S.D.Pierce, TamoraPike,ChristopherPiper,H.Beam Pohl,Frederik Pollotta,Nick Pournelle,Jerry Powers,Tim Pratchett,Terry Prater,IanPullman, PhilipRawn, MelanieReichert,Mickey ZuckerResnick,Laura Resnick,Mike Rice,AnneRingo,John Robb,J.D. Roberson, JenniferRoberts, John MaddoxRobinson,Kim Stanley Robinson,Spider Rowley,ChristopherRowling,J.K. Russell,Sean Saberhagen,Fred Sage,AngieSaintcrow,Lillith Salvatore,R.A. Saundby,KateSawyer,Robert J. Scarborough,Elizabeth Anne Schmidt,Dennis Schmitz,James Scott,Martin Sellars,M.R.Shatner,Williams Sheffield,Charles Shinn,SharonSilverberg,RobertSimak,Clifford D. Simmons,Dan Simmons,William Mark Smeds,DaveSmith,E.E.Doc. Smith,WilburSnicket,LemonySpencer,Wen Stableford,BrianStackpole,Michael Stasheff,Christopher Steakley,John Stephenson,Neal Sterling,Bruce Stirling,S.M. Stross, CharlesStroud,JonathanSturgeon,Theodore Tepper,Sherri Tilley,Patrick Tolkien,J.R.R. Troop,Alan Turtledove,Harry VanVogot,A.E.Vance,Jack Varley,JohnVerne,Jules Vinge,Joan D. Vinge,Vernor Watt-Evans,Lawrence Weber,DavidWeis,Margaret & Hickman Wells,H.G. Wentworth,K.D. West,Michelle White,Steve Whyte,Jack Wilbur,SmithWilhelm,Kate Wilks,EileenWilliams,Tad Williamson,Michael Z. Wilson,ColinWingrove,David Wolfe,Gene Wrede,Patricia C. Wurts,JannyYarbro,Chelsea Quinn Yolen,JaneZahn,Timothy Zelazny,Roger Star TrekStar Wars Magic - The Gatheringthese are just the ones I have organized I have most if not all works by those authors listed. I am adding authors and random books daily, up to 2183 books over 200 individual Authors.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Okay, well here are my contributions. Try this one:http://manybooks.net/And also, I've been working on making my own from Google books pages.Here's how:I use Seamonkey (Mozilla all-in-one) web browser, but you could also use Firefox.for this.1.) Install Greasemonkey add-on2.) Install DownThemall add-on3.) Install Google Book Downloader script for Greasmonkey4.) Go to Google Books and select a book. A download selection button will appear in the upper left. Select for download the pages you want. 5.) Click on the frame with the book pages and then download with DownThemAll, (helpful hint: select the page renaming filter to "text.ext". That will help in sorting the pages out sequentially later. Also uncheck any website images you don't want (those that aren't a part of the book, but just part of the web page.)5. You will have downloaded a series of images of the pages. Some will be jpgs, and some will be pngs. depending on the images contained in the page. I put these in a folder, and use an image viewer to read the book. In Linux Viewnior works very well for this since it has forward and backward viewing buttons.For use on the Eken, I'm hoping to be able to put these images into an ebook format (like epub) or a pdf, but haven't gotten that far yet.Anyway, thought this might be interesting to you guys.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
For use on the Eken, I'm hoping to be able to put these images into an ebook format (like epub) or a pdf, but haven't gotten that far yet.
If you're looking for a FREE, good, and easy epub editor,here is a link...http://code.google.com/p/sigil/I've been using it for adding cover art to epub books that didn't have a cover,that way it keeps Aldiko looking nice and makes selecting a book easier.With that program, you could do what you mentioned,it is a program for your laptop or PC.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.