Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was DL'ing a bunch of Twitter clients, already had looked at Seismic and was disappointed they didn't bring their imitation Tweetdeck column views to the Android app or integrate Facebook like their web client and wanted to see who was doing what else out there, give them all a test drive and report back.No need. The long awaited Tweetdeck Beta for Android has arrived. Came out Thursday. There's so much more digital real estate on the PDN than the phones all the other apps are designed for, it's a no brainer that the number one Twitter desktop app out there (which has been on that damn iPhone for a year) would look outstanding on our little toy. If you've only got a few dozen people you're following on Twitter, most any app will do. But if you're like me and are pushing almost a thousand people you follow with most of them following back, you need the power-filter abilities of Tweetdeck.BTW, it also handles Facebook, Buzz and 4Square for you too. Lemme tell ya, it's a thing of beauty.You have to sign up for the Beta here, and they'll email you back with instructions and a link to DL the apk. (No need for the installer they suggest you use from Market. AppsInstaller will do.) Happy Tweeting. (BTW, You can follow me @4dams)

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I found their forum thread started last April promising it would come out "in a few weeks." Heh. Got to the end and sure enough, they posted a link everyone had been screaming for.The unique functions of the thing is spelled out here, which is where they send you to the Beta sign up page. Worth the read to see what it does and how it's different than the desktop app.It's shiny!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.