Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey!I received a faulty apad (yellow lines in the screen) and now it's completely broken!I want my money back, but miss wang doesn't respond any more. I've opened a dispute in paypal and in aliexpress, but she doesn't respond either. I've opened the dispute before the money was send to the seller in aliexpress. The transaction is frozen now.I don't know what to do right now! I've read that if i escalate the dispute to a claim, paypal will close my dispute and the seller wins. apparently this is because i didn't buy it on ebay, but on aliexpress. can someone confirm this? and what are the steps i have to take in order to get my money back?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Ask paypal what is happening and what you should do now. Keep all emails that you have received and sent during the whole process as they might need them. How was your paypal payment funded? hopefully you used a credit card as that will give you another option if paypal lets you down.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I send my apad to miss wang to get a replacement apad. (free upgrade to a metal one).I asked her if she received my apad yet, but I didn't get any answer yet.I'm still not judging her, but i hope i will get a working apad this time. because shipping fees and import duties have made this a very expensive toy...i'll keep you updated

·
Registered
36 Posts
so, in the end it will cost you probably a lot more than if you were to buy a branded one that was supported. "what looks too good to be true probably is."From looks of it, the guy that started this thread here was fighting for months before they budged. I think it is only a period of time before their spammers and trolls are revealed and the scam will end: http://www.slatedroid.com/showthread.php/3620-Warning-to-all-Don-t-buy-on-aliexpress-(scamexpress)Praying your second unit will work btw.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sorry in advance for this loooong postI bought a Apad on 24th June I received it on 6th July and it had a faulty WiFi.Emily Wang was fine at this point and gave advice about installing different firmware?s in the hope of a fix, unfortunately nothing worked and it appeared to be an hardware problem.She recommended sending it back for an exchange or refund, I chose refund given the amount of faulty units being sent out and the tax and postage involved, I said I was unhappy sending the faulty unit back at my expense given the unit had not been checked before sending out.I was told to not to bother with the accessories given the main cost was the Apad and this would cut down shipping costs!! I decided to send everything back and I mean everything including so called free gift soft cloth bag to protect the Apad dispatched on 6th July. Status on aliexpress changed to seller agrees to refund.On 27th July seller opens a dispute saying not all accessories were returned???? This pissed me off because I returned everything and the fact I was actually told to leave things out looks like a setup to refuse the refund.I couldn?t get hold of anyone for days then managed a quick conversation on her messenger service and managed to get a copy of the conversation which I posted here and sent to aliexpress, here it is again in case you missed it.Me: Anyone there ? (2010-07-30 01:12:19)Emily WANG: hi (2010-07-30 03:02:21)Emily WANG: how are you /? (2010-07-30 03:02:24)Emily WANG: let me checking (2010-07-30 03:02:28)Emily WANG: hi, we wait your parcels Arrival (2010-07-30 03:04:30)Emily WANG: when we received your apad, will contact you in time (2010-07-30 03:04:39)Me: You have told me you recieved it already? (2010-07-30 03:10:23)Emily WANG: i have contact you before right? (2010-07-30 03:13:04)Me: yes (2010-07-30 03:14:01)Me: You originally told me to just send back the apad to save shipping costs, I sent back everything on 06/07 This week you have placed a dispute saying everything was not sent back.I sent everything back in its original packaging and am waiting for my refund. (2010-07-30 03:14:42)Me: mine had a faulty wifi, it wasnt possible to activate (2010-07-30 03:15:42)Emily WANG: your apad did not return all accessories ? (2010-07-30 03:17:14)Emily WANG: and gifts? (2010-07-30 03:17:21)Me: I returned everything you sent me (2010-07-30 03:17:35)Me: Apad, charger, adapter, usb lead and cloth bag (2010-07-30 03:19:03)Me: Everything was in the box (2010-07-30 03:19:34)Emily WANG: and gifts? (2010-07-30 03:19:46)Me: what gifts ? (2010-07-30 03:20:05)Me: I had no gifts ? (2010-07-30 03:20:29)Emily WANG: i need go to home now (2010-07-30 03:20:45)Emily WANG: we can talk later ? (2010-07-30 03:20:49)Me: why? (2010-07-30 03:20:54)Emily WANG: i need go to home now (2010-07-30 03:21:07)Emily WANG: off work time now... pls understand (2010-07-30 03:21:36)Me: I don?t I need an answer? (2010-07-30 03:21:50)As you can see this is more than a bit worrying!She did come back to me and asked me to converse by email which I did and after several emails back and forth in which she claimed to have also sent a screen protector that I had not received her protests became very weak and she finally agreed to the refund.That was on Saturday, yesterday I had not heard anything from either Emily or Aliexpress so I sent another email to Emily asking her to notify Aliexpress of the agreement to refund and today I have acknowledgement of this although Aliexpress now says the refund will be carried out in the next 7 days.Make of this as you will but my opinion is that if anyone receives a faulty unit and they send it back take photos of everything you are sending back and have the post office even weigh the contents to minimize the risk of dispute.I would also clarify the contents you have received and will be sending back before posting.It is a pity that Emily and Aliexpress don?t try to improve their service because it could be a very successful business model to compete with the likes of eBay but if people get or feel ripped off the knock on effects could do them a lot of damage.Good luck to everyone buying this way and if anyone wants Emily?s email just pm me

·
Registered
251 Posts
The Chinese have a different mindset to the rest of the world. Here's a couple of quotes from internet sources that might help explain."In the Chinese society and some other Asian countries many people are accustomed to an old mindset that once an item is sold, the seller needs not answer for his guarantee anymore. If the buyer later detects that it is a fake (or has a problem), the dealer denies any responsibility. Equally, buyers in the region have an attitude of shrugging off their loss and seldom do they demand a refund or take any legal action, unless a very large sum is involved. Well, attitudes are changing slowly, but it still will take quite some more time."And"The western buyer bases his purchase at least in part on trust. He believes the seller more easily than a Chinese person does. The Chinese people, both the dealers and the buyers, on the other hand, often do not see the selling/purchasing as trust relationship, it is mainly a commercial act that is complete when the goods and money change hands."So, deal with Chinese sellers if you want to and in most cases all will be well, but if you have a problem expect to have to fight much harder to get them resolved than with a western seller, don't give up.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi there,Me i also got a problem with my APAD, my right rocker button doesn't work. Here is my reply when she asked me to send back my device:Hi Emily, First off all thanks for answering i see that there are a lot of people like me (not the same problem) unfortunatly for you :-( The problem is that it will cost me a lot of money to send you back and receive another device First sending with ups saver 45 $ Second new custom taxes (i now know) is 45 $ So it will cost me a 90$ for repairing your malfunction apad with no guaranty of maybe another faulty new device :-( I'm sure we'll find a better solution in order to solve this problem ;-))) Thanks for your comprehension Best regards from Belgium EricHere is here reply:(if we can say "reply)Dear Eric, Electronic products no one can guarantee 100%, Please refer to our after-sales service treaty.Made consistent with your service, thank you Best Regards, Emily That's a what i call a wonderful commercial solution :-((((( i think i w'll keep this little faulty device i'm lucking not to have bigger problem ;-)

·
Registered
251 Posts
pomme-accro;28835 said:
Second new custom taxes (i now know) is 45 $ So it will cost me a 90$ for repairing your malfunction apad with no guaranty of maybe another faulty new device :-(
If the seller sends you a new unit marked Replacement or Repaired, you should not have to pay import duty or tax again.

·
Registered
22 Posts
:D:D whoooo I just got confirmation from paypal of my refund.I am out of pocket for around 50 euros for postage and import duty but at least I have the bulk of my money back.It?s a shame I was really hoping to play around with the Apad and try android out properly, I?ll stick with my ipad for now which I still use constantly but will buy another android tablet later in the year.I?m on the fence about aliexpress and even Emily Wang and co, to be fair to her she was only disputing a free screen protector which I never received but looking on here most people did receive one, could be a genuine mistake and mine was not sent :rolleyes:Good luck to all those who are still awaiting a refund.

·
Registered
45 Posts
pulidzz;30160 said:
this is really troubling... I already received 2 working units from E. Wang but these stories a really horrifying ... : (
Agreed. I am in the same boat. Just got my second device and it is working flawless. Looks like the problem isn't sending out of bad units, it's the support if you happen to get one. Every electronic device has a chance of being DOA. Especially "cheap" knockoffs. I am willing to order more from her since I am 2 for 2. And if the unit is faulty I will expect not to get anything done about it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
a little update:my paypal dispute was automaticaly closed and VERY surprisingly she started responding to my emails after the closure of the dispute...But she connected me to her assistent and he answers quite fast. They keep claiming that they didn't receive my apad and they act like they don't understand that i shipped the device to them without tracking number... So i can't prove that they got the device. and they are not willing to ship me a new one.Any ideas of how i can solve this messy situation? I spend more than 170 Euro (216 dollars!!!) and i have a screen protector, some cables and a charger...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.