Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Going to try one more charging option this afternoon... does anyone think there would be a difference between a 9v 1A charger and a 9v 1.5A charger? I swapped out USB wall plugs this morning before I left for work and re-plugged the device, the LED lights flashed blue for one breif blip, and then back to the same. I figure picking up a $15 Universal Charger is worth a shot, no?

·
Registered
56 Posts
The M001 can't charge via the ipod USB cable, even if you've read that it can.Either the battery is bad or there is some faulty circuitry on the PCB. Either way, your probably SOL unless you can exchange it or get a refund from the seller.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SUCCESS!!!! Well, kind of... in a last ditch effort, I went out and bought one other charger, different than the ones I had tried, and I FINALLY get charging LEDs, and the system holds a charge! I still have a problem with the Android boot screen going to the Android Splash screen and not changing... so, will play with some ROMs and see what I can do from there. At least it's progress!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So while I now have battery power, I can't get a single ROM to load for some reason. I've tried installing the EKEN update to 1.7.2, I've tried installing the SlateDroid ROM, and I've tried installing ECOTOX's ROM (this one would actually give me a force close before giving a blank screen). All seem to install fine, but when I remove the SD card to reboot, I get to the Android splash page, and no further. I've tried multipe installs with multipe SD cards, different brands and sizes. Any ideas anyone?

·
Registered
14 Posts
[quote author=xnewethicx link=topic=492.msg4995#msg4995 date=1275658566]Will have to check when I get home, but pretty sure everything matches up. Almost positive the charger it came with initially said 9v at 1amp.[/quote]I received my My M001 yesterday and the faulty charger that came with mine says 9V~1A also.

·
Registered
77 Posts
well guess i've been lucky. Been running about a week no problems on ecotox latest. I don't think the chargers are defective if everyones is 1 amp thats seems to be the problem mine is 1500ma or 1.5 amp charger. knock on wood no problems. just my 2 cents ;D

·
Registered
14 Posts
[quote author=Classpro link=topic=492.msg5294#msg5294 date=1275744959]Interesting. My oem charger says 1.5 amps too. Maybe eken sourced a cheaper 1 amp charger. Is there an led on the charger body?[/quote] On my 1 A Eken charger there is no led on the body.. It did not last 5 min before it went dead I replaced it with a Walmart universal charger that has sucessfully charged my M001.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Same, I went and got the radio shack adjustable charger, it's delivering 1A just like the OEM charger I got (OEM has no LED), and it charges fine... unfortunately it seems to be inable to boot ANYONE's software. I've tried everything, and the seller is now offering me a replacement for shipping back the non-working unit. Here's hoping!

·
Registered
28 Posts
My charger was bad out of the box, but with low voltage. Before I knew it, the charging circuit was damaged, and can no longer tell how much charge it has, or warn me that it is drawing down. It just says it is full all the time until it suddenly blinks off. I flashed it to Willow's v.1.2 over the weekend, and while the unit works much better all around, the problem with the charging sensor remains. I got a replacement at Walmart that is a multi-volt unit also. I am paranoid though, that I will bump the switch, and accidentally fry something else!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.