Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry but im a noob to the whole swap thing but i can fallow direction...so if anyone can give me the instruction to gettinmy my swap to work on ecotox 1.3 it would be appreciated.. i have better terminal installed but dont know commands.

·
Registered
390 Posts
The easiest way is to prepare your sd card on a desktop computer. With the gparted gui, you boot the cdrom, run the program and follow the instructions in the faq. people can't help if you don't describe your problem.Sent from my Eken M001 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
108 Posts
I got mine to work doing the following:- backup your sd card- boot gparted- select your sd card- remove all partitions (all data will be erased on the sd card!)- create a new primary FAT32 partition with 100 MB less of your total storage space- create a new primary linux-swap partition of 100 MB on the space that is left- click on apply- Format the FAT32 partition- Enable Swap memory on the linux partition (right mouse button and click on enable swap memory)- Click on apply (i don't know for sure if this step is required)- Copy your backup back to your sd card (in ms windows)Now put the SD card into your eken and reboot, after the reboot startup the terminal and enter 'free' and then'push enter.If everything went right there will be no zero under swap.I hope this helps you, it worked for me

·
Registered
247 Posts
hellrazaa;35063 said:
sorry but im a noob to the whole swap thing but i can fallow direction...so if anyone can give me the instruction to gettinmy my swap to work on ecotox 1.3 it would be appreciated.. i have better terminal installed but dont know commands.
I have an Android phone with Amon-RA's Reocvery v1.7.0.1. I use MicroSD's (with SDHC adapters) my M001 so can use the same media in the phone and the M001. The recovery has tools that make partition of the SDcard so easy it's just stupidly easy. Consider getting an Android phone and rooting it. Not only do you get a great phone, but you can then root it and install a custom recovery, giving you all the tools you need to manage an SDcard for your M001 as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
GParted is a good tool and does the job well. But I have noticed that you need to prepare the partitions as described. That is create the fat32 partition before the linux-swap partition. If you create the swap first, even if you put it at the end of the drive, it will be created as the first partition by default. So make sure you create a new fat32 partition and leave enough space at the end of the drive for your swap, then create the linux-swap partition in the rest of the drive. This way the fat32 partition will be partition 1 and the swap partition 2. This partition ordering does seem to make a difference with android.Hope this helps someone :)Neil

·
Registered
247 Posts
nellblue: Good advice. I did it the wrong way first time and the swap partition would not work at all. It definitely has to be the second partition and the one that was defined second, as you say. If this is done, then there is a very good chane ECOTOX 1.3.1 will just see it on boot and use it. If not, then the user can open a Better Terminal command window and enter: swapon /dev/block/mmcblk0p2

·
Registered
19 Posts
" [quote name='blastexx;35197]I got mine to work doing the following:- backup your sd card- boot gparted- select your sd card- remove all partitions (all data will be erased on the sd card!)- create a new primary FAT32 partition with 100 MB less of your total storage space- create a new primary linux-swap partition of 100 MB on the space that is left- click on apply- Format the FAT32 partition- Enable Swap memory on the linux partition (right mouse button and click on enable swap memory)- Click on apply (i don't know for sure if this step is required)- Copy your backup back to your sd card (in ms windows)Now put the SD card into your eken and reboot' date=' after the reboot startup the terminal and enter 'free' and then'push enter.If everything went right there will be no zero under swap.I hope this helps you, it worked for me
[/QUOTE'] "To blastexx , How fast yr eken m001 is after using swap for the above method ? I like to know if the speed is very much different then i also like to use this method , pls reply in percentage of faster speed compare to now with relax 1.9.7 rom , many thks n best regards - jim

·
Registered
77 Posts
[quote name='blastexx;35197]I got mine to work doing the following:- backup your sd card- boot gparted- select your sd card- remove all partitions (all data will be erased on the sd card!)- create a new primary FAT32 partition with 100 MB less of your total storage space- create a new primary linux-swap partition of 100 MB on the space that is left- click on apply- Format the FAT32 partition- Enable Swap memory on the linux partition (right mouse button and click on enable swap memory)- Click on apply (i don't know for sure if this step is required)- Copy your backup back to your sd card (in ms windows)Now put the SD card into your eken and reboot' date=' after the reboot startup the terminal and enter 'free' and then'push enter.If everything went right there will be no zero under swap.I hope this helps you, it worked for me
[/QUOTE'] Thanks for your great guide! I created a 256mb swap partition and works fine for Mercury ROM on Eken M002.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.