Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm having trouble Connecting to Market with RPMccormick's Add-On Script V1.1with my tablet flashed to Android 0827.My tablet connects to WiFi, then ADB successfully switches to TCPIP mode, and then it is unable to find the device.See video for a run through of what happens exactly.YouTube - ZT-180 with Android 0827 Rom - Trouble Connecting to Market with RPMccormick's Add-On Script V1.1It's strange as I've been able to use the script before with no issues, but no luck anymore.Any ideas at all are much appreciated.Thank you.Edit: I've also disabled windows firewall and forwarded port 5555 to the tablet's IP on my router but ADB is still not finding the device over TCPIP.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Pong;49591]I said:
YouTube - ZT-180 with Android 0827 Rom - Trouble Connecting to Market with RPMccormick's Add-On Script V1.1[/url]It's strange as I've been able to use the script before with no issues, but no luck anymore.Any ideas at all are much appreciated.Thank you.Edit: I've also disabled windows firewall and forwarded port 5555 to the tablet's IP on my router but ADB is still not finding the device over TCPIP.
Looks like you have WEP encryption I think there was a problem with that. I think WPA is the one to use.

·
Registered
439 Posts
It could be WEP but I didn't have any issues with WEP encryption when I tried it.Some ideas to try though....Can you surf the internet with your pad?Have you tried pinging the IP address of your pad from your PC?Have you disabled and enabled wifi after you startup the pad or are you just relying on it to autoconnect?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll try changing WEP to WPA as well as pinging my tablet when I get home tonight.It currently has no problems browsing the internet with it's WEP connection, but it's definitely worth a shot.I've been letting it autoconnect at startup, I'll try disabling and restarting WIFI as well.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Might be a stupid question, but is your laptop hooked up to the same network? What IP does your computer have?

·
Registered
439 Posts
[quote name='juched;49880]Might be a stupid question' date=' but is your laptop hooked up to the same network? What IP does your computer have?[/QUOTE'] That's why he should ping his epad from his PC, to see if they are on the same network and communicating.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I pinged the tablet and came back positive, all is good. Re-attempted to run script, no dice. I then changed from WEP to WPA, still nothing. Changed back to WEP and all of a sudden ADB is connecting over TCPIP like a charm. Strange... I installed the script, market etc, and all is good. (Other than the shaky screen. ;) )Thanks all for the advice! I never would have changed my router settings and that seems to be what fixed it, even if it was going back to WEP again that fixed it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.