Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all...I followed Nate-the-Great's instructions to install PandaHome and I even managed to get the Kindle app installed. As far as I can tell, that all went well. The problem is, when I try to download archived books from my Kindle account, the download just hangs and never completes. Ideas? I'm connected to my home wireless network with no problem that I can detect, but clearly something is amiss. I've tried restarting the unit several times but to no avail. Interestingly--and perhaps unrelated--I cannot get the unit to show that it is charging. I plug it in and the little lightning bolt does not show up. The battery just discharges. Soon, I will be out of business. I don't know if it is related or not, just mentioning it. Thanks, this is a great forum. ~Andrea

·
Registered
87 Posts
The wi-fi on this unit can be frustrating. I have had the exact problem you describe with book downloads, I had to exit the Kindle app and go into settings to re-establish the wi-fi connection. The charging (or lack of it) problem, is more serious. I have not had the problem. My unit charges fine. When the unit is asleep and I plug in the charger, the red light comes on, to indicate charging. If yours isn't doing this, sounds like a defective unit to me. Where did you buy it? If BBB, then they have a great return policy, at other stores like Kohl's or Radio Shack I am not sure.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote name='pawnslinger;17674]The wi-fi on this unit can be frustrating. I have had the exact problem you describe with book downloads' date=' I had to exit the Kindle app and go into settings to re-establish the wi-fi connection. The charging (or lack of it) problem, is more serious.[/QUOTE']Yeah, I agree about the charging thing. That concerns me too. If that doesn't improve I'll just exchange...yes, I got it at BBB. No red light when I plug it in at all. Did you do any custom settings to reconnect? Or just re-select your home wifi network? It makes me crazy! I was so happy that I was able to get the Kindle app running, then it was a major disappointment to not be able to retrieve any of my books (the main reason I wanted this thing). Were you ever able to get any of yours?

·
Registered
30 Posts
1. Do you have a SD Card in your SD slot? If not, you will be unable to download any books.2. Is the wireless icon next to the time/date orange/red or green? Green is good (means your connected), red/orange means you aren't connected.3. The green/red charging light will not light up if your novel is powered on or in sleep mode. It will still charge though. If you believe your novel is turned off (by pressing the on/off switch to one side, waiting for the power off option, and powering off.), and the charge light is still not on.. try verifying that it is truely turned off by sticking a toothpick in the reset hole.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Also if you are having trouble getting it to charge, make sure that the plup is getting through the dock if you are using it. I usually put it on the dock and press on the plug through the bottom of the dock.e_t

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[quote name='meth;17709]1. Do you have a SD Card in your SD slot? If not' date=' you will be unable to download any books.[/QUOTE'] Well the SD card did help, I added that and now no problem. As for the charging issue??? Erm....well....this is why I should not try to do things when I'm tired...but, I think I was trying to put the charger into the headphone jack.
A bit of rest and picking it up again, I realized right away what was wrong. Thanks for the SD card tip. Now it works beautifully and I am so, so happy.Please don't make fun of my goofy mistake. I can hardly bear it myself!
It is beyond dumb, I know!!~Andrea

·
Registered
87 Posts
[quote name='meth;17709]1. Do you have a SD Card in your SD slot? If not' date=' you will be unable to download any books.2. Is the wireless icon next to the time/date orange/red or green? Green is good (means your connected), red/orange means you aren't connected.3. The green/red charging light will not light up if your novel is powered on or in sleep mode. It will still charge though. If you believe your novel is turned off (by pressing the on/off switch to one side, waiting for the power off option, and powering off.), and the charge light is still not on.. try verifying that it is truely turned off by sticking a toothpick in the reset hole.[/QUOTE'] My charge lite is red when charging in sleep mode. When I come out of sleep mode, the lite goes out, but I get the charging indicator in the battery symbol on the status line.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
[quote name='the7gerbers;17743]As for the charging issue??? Erm....well....this is why I should not try to do things when I'm tired...but' date=' I think I was trying to put the charger into the headphone jack. [IMG]http://www.slatedroid.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy.gif[/IMG] A bit of rest and picking it up again, I realized right away what was wrong. ~Andrea[/QUOTE'] my initial review says you will do this... and feel dumb.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
[quote name='the7gerbers;18664]: You mean I'm not the only one who has done this?!?!? Where is your review!! Link' date=' please! Misery, indeed, loves company! [IMG]http://www.slatedroid.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/IMG]~Andrea[/QUOTE'] http://www.slatedroid.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?957-The-definitive-Pandigital-Novel-reviewseriously, noobs, look around a bit. I've been beating on this thing for a month now. save yourself some hassle...

·
Registered
14 Posts
[quote name='the7gerbers;17667]Hello all...I followed Nate-the-Great's instructions to install PandaHome and I even managed to get the Kindle app installed. As far as I can tell' date=' that all went well. The problem is, when I try to download archived books from my Kindle account, the download just hangs and never completes. Ideas? I'm connected to my home wireless network with no problem that I can detect, but clearly something is amiss. Thanks, this is a great forum. ~Andrea[/QUOTE']I've tried it with a micro SD card in an adapter, its all I seem to be able to find in the house.... I still cant get the books d/led ughhhhhhhhh my WIFI is all green and connected.....well i added a 128meg card and it works now.....

·
Registered
25 Posts
It isn't only the PDN that this happens on. The first time I plugged in the charger, I didn't see a light, so I looked, and of course it was the headphone jack. When I commented on this to a coworker that I picked one up for, she told me of similar stories with other devices.Seems to me to be a human factors issue. They figured out how to keep people from putting leaded gas in their cars that needed unleaded, why not this? Probably too late for that.On the other hand, once you've figured this out, you will not likely do it again, on anything. Fortunately, the only thing damaged is one's pride.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
I have a number of devices that don't recognize a micro sd card in an sd card adapter. That may have been the problem.

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
[quote name='the7gerbers;17743]Well the SD card did help' date=' I added that and now no problem. As for the charging issue??? Erm....well....this is why I should not try to do things when I'm tired...but, I think I was trying to put the charger into the headphone jack. [IMG]http://www.slatedroid.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy.gif[/IMG] A bit of rest and picking it up again, I realized right away what was wrong. Thanks for the SD card tip. Now it works beautifully and I am so, so happy.Please don't make fun of my goofy mistake. I can hardly bear it myself![IMG]http://www.slatedroid.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/IMG] It is beyond dumb, I know!!~Andrea[/QUOTE'] Thank you for posting. You have just saved other people from making the same mistake and given the community the correct answer to give the next time some asks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.