1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
25 Posts
[quote author=bigness link=topic=439.msg3734#msg3734 date=1275351431]I saw in another thread that the PSP charger works for the apad. I was wondering if the charger below would work:http://cgi.ebay.com/PSP-2000-Sony-External-Emergency-Battery-Power-Charger-/360214566030?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item53de76148eI might buy one and see if it works. For five bucks it might be worth it (still waiting for my apad though).Any thoughts?[/quote]My PSP charger plug type is different from my aPad charger, are you sure PSP charger work with the aPad?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmm, no, I'm not sure ??? Somebody mentioned it in another post. I still haven't received my aPad yet, so I'll wait until I get it and check the included charger specs vs the eBay one.Stay tuned ;D

·
Registered
150 Posts
Li-ion battery charging is a big topic. Some dangers involved if you mix and match chargers. Usually there is a smart charger in the original purchase. If you substitute a dumb one, you'd better know your battery's voltage state, acceptable charge rate, charger's actual rate and voltage, and then time the charge or check the battery voltage as you progress.If you're using an non-original equipment smart charger, it may or may not be smart enough to handle this for you.Some people get lucky mixing and matching, don't seem to have problems, others destroy the battery, or worse.EDIT: I should add, a lot depends on the OEM wall wart type. If it's just a simple DC supply and all the necessary charge monitoring and filtering circuitry is in the slate, then you have greater flexibility in what you use for the "charger." It's really not a charger in that case, just a raw DC supply. Maybe that's what the apad uses... still waiting for mine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts