Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 305 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ran firmware update 6-11 on my iWeb APAD today. Bad flash I guess, since at reboot the device hangs at the screen calibration step. The screen is totally unresponsive and I can?t figure out what to do next.Missing touchscreen driver? Reflash with stock firmware (which I can?t find, by the way)? Any method for recovery?Does anyone have any ideas how to proceed?

·
Registered
11 Posts
After i flashed my apad with Hybrid custom firmware for aPad Test 4 i also get a white cross and a non working touchscreen.trying androidscreencast, but so far no luck. Help please. :<edit: i tried 3 roms and all the same :

·
Registered
11 Posts
xaueious;12629 said:
Sounds like you might have to take it apart to check the connection... See if you can return for exchange first.
well thats rather weird isnt it
. Upgrade firmware (software) and then take it apart to check the hardware.
It worked before, so i don't think a firmware upgrade should trigger a hardware action

·
Registered
22 Posts
I agree. It?s highly unlikely that a firmware update should trigger a hardware problem for many people in the same way. There are at least 2 posts about this at hiapad.com. I think we have to first consider the problem related to flashing of firmware update.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Karlleopold;12669 said:
I agree. It?s highly unlikely that a firmware update should trigger a hardware problem for many people in the same way. There are at least 2 posts about this at hiapad.com. I think we have to first consider the problem related to flashing of firmware update.
indeed. I tried about everything. For me, it looks like they forgot to enable the touchscreen or the driver. Because when i try androidscreencast, i can fully control the pad on my computer. Only thing that ain't working is the touchscreen.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am also having issues with my touchscreen. I noticed that it stopped working when it wasnt plugged into the wall. After messing with it some more it stopped working all together. I have tried a couple flashes with different firmware. Now im trying the ones on this site. HOPEFULLY ill find an answer. If this dosnt work im going to take it appart and try and see if the ribbon is loose. The person I bought from has not answered me on ebay. (big supprise)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just wanted to leave an update that I finaly fixed the problem. You have to take the screen off and plugg the touchscreen cable back in. VERY EASY TO DO!! Just heat up the top layer on the touch screen with a hair dryer, sperate it with a knife, unscrew like 10 screws, CARFULLY pull off screen with a suction cup, unplug touchscreen then with tweezers plug back in. Screen is 100% responsive now.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Two different problems in this tread, in my opinion. Seems plausible that the dead touchscreen in posts above is hardware related. For us who end up with an unresponsive touchscreen at calibration after fw update and reboot it?s a different issue, probably related to someting related to the flashing procedure or fw update itself.Does anybody know how to find an older firmware than 5-30? Would be interesting to reflash with an older/original firmware.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had the dead touchscreen issue and what I did is I let my battery run completely dead until the unit turned itself off. I plugged it back in and I can now touch the screen. Not sure how well it is working as I am so relieved that I had to post that at least it is now accepting my touching it. How this helps someone else out.

1 - 20 of 305 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.