Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Has this happened to anyone? I bought a apad from some guy on craigslist. He said it worked fine till he updated the firmware and all of a sudden the touchscreen went out.So I got it for only $40. I flashed it several times with no luck, I just couldnt get the touchscreen to work. I even took it apart to see if the ribbon came loose.So I plugged in a USB mouse and it worked. The screen unlocked and I was able to get into the settings. I tried to calibrate the touchscreen but it did not work. It said calibration FAILED. I could only use the mouse to move anything or do anything.In all honesty I think this is a software issue. Anyone have any suggestions?It is the apad 9volt with no camera and looks like this.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Hi.I had a slightly different experience but it might be similar.When i got my aPad it worked unprecise. I opened it up and checked the cables.After that the touchscreen did not workanymore.I bought a new touchscreen and that fixed it.When i changed it i discovered that the ribbon cable was ripped very close to the screen.(i initialy thought the fold just in front of the connector was too sharp)

·
Registered
880 Posts
Darth Hater;39974 said:
how much did that touchscreen cost? where did you get it?i opened up my apad and looked. seemed alright to me.
I mainly wanted you to be aware that a ripped cable might also be an issue sinceyou opened your pad (and maybe the previous owner too)I bought from Hiapads taobao store via a buying agent andin the end result one touchscreen did cost me ~15€ including shipping (i bought three and a case)buying via the Hiapad aliexpress store would have cost me in a worst case scenario ~80€ for a single screen(taxes and extra shipping fees from the shipping company) but i think by now that shop is closed by now '^^And yes, ZilverZurfan that is no regular aPad, probably some drivers of 'our' firmware do not match =(

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ZilverZurfarn it worked! its really slow in responding but its working again. i noticed at first the touchscreen was reversed. if you wanted to select the top you had to touch it on the bottom. eventually i got the calibration fixed. you da man!

·
Registered
254 Posts
[quote name='Darth Hater;40115]ZilverZurfarn I appriciate that. However this one does not have a camera nor a led indicating its being charged.[/QUOTE]There are so many versions of these tablets with only minor differences' date=' it's almost impossible these days to precisely pinpoint the exact model (at least to me). From the looks of it, I'd say it's an Orphan M70003, and you [I']may [/I]be successful with flashing it with a firmware for that model. But it's your tablet, and you who decides if you want to take the risk of bricking it completely (which is a real risk in every firmware flash process - even with the correct FW).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.