Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi on the back of the slate as says mid model no m70003 but in the book it says m003 ive used all the firmware in the m003 part but still no touchscreen i hope this help many thanks as iam new to slates

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi... I have an m100 (I think it is... due to the 600x480 screen). Some of the apps that I loaded caused problems so I decided to flash the Android install with some custom ROMs. I have tried a few... and after each install, I have not had any touchscreen use and the menu button does not register when pressed. I have had to connect a USB mouse... and use it on the device. Ecotox mentioned to me that he had to push the menu button a few times and the touchscreen as well, in order to poll the hardware for the slate to recognize it.... and that all eventually worked. In his M001 ROM, he did not change anything related to those system drivers.... as I assume the EKEN 1.7.4 Build that I currently installed...thinking it would help, doesn't change any of them as well.Mogrith suggested that I try the slatedroid ROM... got it downloaded... and going to try that next. I don't think I did anything to "break" this functionality.... Is there a hardware reset function that I can use to reset the slate or is it just that I need to turn it off and on....?Thanks gang... Rick

·
Registered
14 Posts
All is well with the world. I did the M70003 ROM ...and my touchscreen and menu button came back. it is also stripped of all the ASIAN crap that was there... this is crisp and clean, no caffeine. I am sooo happy. Touchscreen works better than ever...even swipes now for scrolling. Internet works, have not tried the supposedly fixed google marketplace.I guess the M70003 had a different enough hardware that it needed some different drivers. ;-) My M70003 designation was on my operator's manual that came with it... the download ROM was under M7003 instead of M70003 ... so I thought that it was a different model...but it was what I needed. Somebody posted that the forum was misnamed. ;-)

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
Glad your working again. For others in a similar condition. Sometimes after flashing a new Rom the calibration is so far off it looks like it's not working. Using a mouse to start the calibration screen can help a lot.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hooking up a usb mouse was the best advice I ever got.  I bet that is most people trouble when their touchscreen doesn't respond.  At the same time my M001 was not able to calibrate.  My mouse worked great but, I still couldn't calibrate it with using Ecotox rom.  I'm trying another rom now to see how it works (fingers crossed).  ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
i thaught the mouse tip did help at first, i used it to calibrate my apad and clicked on the five crosses then it says "calibration failed" and the touchpad still does'nt respond.

i used update m009 hch 2.1.2 "88_wmt2.1.2_nand_boot_20110227-HcH"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.