Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems as if I removed the top layer of the screen the device would respond much better. Has anyone tried this?

·
Registered
9 Posts
By the top layer, do you mean the protective film it ships with? That's supposed to come off AFAIK.. so it would make sense it would be more responsive if it were off..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote name='daveincarthage;15566]By the top layer' date=' do you mean the protective film it ships with? That's supposed to come off AFAIK.. so it would make sense it would be more responsive if it were off..[/QUOTE']No not the shipping plastic. I'm referring to the top layer of the device as designed. It seems that this layer is the problem for the touch response. I was wondering if anyone has tried removing it?

·
Registered
31 Posts
What if the top layer is touch response surface? What if you remove it and create NOT-TOUCH-RESPONSE-DEVICE?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I wonder- (not that I'd remove the top layer and expose already fragile components to even MORE abuse)- would there be a way of moving the touch layer closer to the surface layer? Improving on how the layers interact? I am guessing air trapped in between the layers would cause some of the problems....

·
Registered
37 Posts
hi! i broke the touchscreen panel on my m001 by dropping it! so i replaced it with a new touchscreen bought on Ebay! i can confirm that the order of layers is: LCD screen, touchscreen panel, plastic screen (with mirror edges), protective plastic sheet.i gues removing the plastic screen (with mirror edges) woud result in a responsive touchscreen, but that sreen helps isolate the inside of the tablet from the outside. without that you can get dust betwen the LCD screen and touch panel!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts