Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote name='daveincarthage;15566]By the top layer' date=' do you mean the protective film it ships with? That's supposed to come off AFAIK.. so it would make sense it would be more responsive if it were off..[/QUOTE']No not the shipping plastic. I'm referring to the top layer of the device as designed. It seems that this layer is the problem for the touch response. I was wondering if anyone has tried removing it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I wonder- (not that I'd remove the top layer and expose already fragile components to even MORE abuse)- would there be a way of moving the touch layer closer to the surface layer? Improving on how the layers interact? I am guessing air trapped in between the layers would cause some of the problems....

·
Registered
37 Posts
hi! i broke the touchscreen panel on my m001 by dropping it! so i replaced it with a new touchscreen bought on Ebay! i can confirm that the order of layers is: LCD screen, touchscreen panel, plastic screen (with mirror edges), protective plastic sheet.i gues removing the plastic screen (with mirror edges) woud result in a responsive touchscreen, but that sreen helps isolate the inside of the tablet from the outside. without that you can get dust betwen the LCD screen and touch panel!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.