Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting the Momo 8 Dual Core in for testing this week! Looking forward to it. My biggest concern is battery life but I have heard that it is the best RK3066 8" currently available

Pricing isn't too bad either. Anyhow, if we like it, firmware will follow.

Regards,

Roman

·
Registered
48 Posts
Glad to know your going to sell this model... my only concern with MoMo8 is really the wifi i guess you already know that... battery i can go 5hrs plus no problem...

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
WiFi has issues? I just got it today. I will test.

UPDATE: From what I can tell, the Wifi is somewhere between "above average" and "quite good" ?

Was there some bug I am not aware of?

Regards,

Roman

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Further Wifi testing is not very positive. Basically as long as there is a clear shot to the router it is a very good even at a distance but as soon as there is any obstruction it slows down significantly

Shame, I really liked it otherwise.

Oddly enough, the system where it shows the "bars" in blue at the bottom right pretty much shows a very good signal from all of these locations. It is so odd to have a "good" signal but poor speed?

Go figure?

I believe I will be selling off this unit and waiting for the plastic rear panel version.

Regards,

Roman

·
Registered
33 Posts
Further Wifi testing is not very positive. Basically as long as there is a clear shot to the router it is a very good even at a distance but as soon as there is any obstruction it slows down significantly

Shame, I really liked it otherwise.

Oddly enough, the system where it shows the "bars" in blue at the bottom right pretty much shows a very good signal from all of these locations. It is so odd to have a "good" signal but poor speed?

Go figure?

I believe I will be selling off this unit and waiting for the plastic rear panel version.

Regards,

Roman
yeah, wifi is pretty crappy, I took my momo 8 IPS apart, drilled a hole in the back cover and exposed the wifi antennae... I can tell you it made no different in wifi range or signal... I am guessing there is something else that is going wrong with the MOMO 8's wifi... I regret getting this tab due to the wifi issue, I pretty much use it only in my bedroom where I have a mini wifi AP right next to my night stand.

FredT

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you calibrate the battery well, it is good. I am averaging 6-8 hours wifi, and 4-6 hours 3d gaming.

I am just having slight issues with compatibility with market, but i am going to root and change build.prop to fix it.

About the wifi: I think it is more or less about quality of the wifi router. I have good router home, and i have absolutely 0 problems with signal, even through several walls and 10 meter distance. But when i am in public place, like cafe or school, i can barely connect.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Bought MOMO8 IPS for spouse's Christmas gift.
Really like the build, weight, and the screen image is gorgeous.

The 8-inch is pretty much an ideal size to use as tablet or reader. Actually like the size better then my 9.7-incher.

Wi-Fi as stated previously is a little suspect. However, to be fair, it performs only slightly less efficient then both my PIPO or laptop in those areas of the house in which I have coverage problems. Lots of masonry and foil-backed plasterboard used in construction of our home, as well as lots of walls; not the ideal for wide wireless coverage from a single point. But, both my spouse and I like it so much that I have ordered a TP-Link TL-WR702N to use in her craft room to hopefully help the connection issue.

Bottom-line, it's a keeper.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a Rapid 5 tablet which is basically a rebranded mono 8 IPS. I love the tablet itself however seem to have had annoying issues with it. The WiFi is weak but usable for me.

My real issue is apps disappear for no reason. This and for some reason it seems to say there is 2 GB ram. I think this may have happened when I flashed it to top notch tablets ROM.

Even though I restored to stock rom it still says 2gb. On top of this it sometimes claims it has 32tb in the nand storage area.

Could this be why my apps vanish ?

Currently running a newer built ROM based on latest momo update and seems to be a lot more stable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts